Why is a sea draft so hard to get

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
MAs, like Writers 'n' Woos, Engineering Officers, Logistics Officers, Schoolies, Nursies etc., don't go to sea much unfortunately. Once per rate/rank is quite often the "norm".

If you are volunteer for "early out of turn" sea drafts in these branches it's usually quite easy to get to sea ahead of the loafing, salt-water activated sciatica, land-lubber, war-dodgers in the branch if you put your name forward.

JSF will be a Marham, middle of Norfolk!!

Enjoy it [emoji16] hopefully the crap that JFH was will be avoided this time, however sadly it won't be from both sides I must add [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, because I can, I did a look around DII for you.

1/5th of the drafts available for MAs are at sea, the rest are all shoreside. There are more MA(Cdo) drafts than there are sea-going MA drafts, however many of those are "Shore" (i.e. Cdo Unit Sickbays and CLR Med Sqn); I am not sure how the RN MA/RM MA breakdown works in those units (i.e. if they are actually RN drafts, or because the RM MA come under the RN CMs, they are shown on the jobs list).

As an LMA, under a third of the drafts are at sea, the rest shoreside; PO and CPO have even less sea drafts available.

Long and short of it, go and speak to the CMC about a sea draft, but accept that there may be a list of people ahead of you.

ps - go and speak to the CMC.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Remember when they used to wear stockings & sussies then sit on the lab stool to mix the filling stuff?:rolleyes:
Used to take all the attention away from the pain of the dentist (unless you got the doggo one):eek:

That and when they leant over you to put that vacuum cleaner thingy in your gob, ostensibly concentrating on getting it right but putting their breaticles inches from your face!

I've got a lady dentist now (Polish and blonde) who always seems determined to shove her boob in my ear, and very nice it is too!! :)