Why I Want to be a Pilot

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by TeddyT, Aug 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I grow up I want to be a pilot because it's a fun job and easy to do. That's why there are so many pilots flying around these days.

Pilots don't need much school. They just have to learn to read numbers so they can read their instruments.

I guess they should be able to read a road map, too.

Pilots should be brave to they won't get scared it it's foggy and they can't see, or if a wing or motor falls off.

Pilots have to have good eyes to see through the clouds, and they can't be afraid of thunder or lightning because they are much closer to them than we are.

The salary pilots make is another thing I like. They make more money than they know what to do with. This is because most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots don't because they know how easy it is.

I hope I don't get airsick because I get carsick and if I get airsick, I couldn't be a pilot and then I would have to go to work.

— purported to have been written by an American 9 year old, but so apt for the AIB I thought I may introduce it here....

And just why I grew up wanting to be a pilot; I like numbers, and I don't like engines falling off.... Oh, and it's not a real job.....
  2. I want to be a pilot because for some reason mentioning this to young ladies miraculously makes them lie down and take their knickers off. :w00t:
  3. But not for rotund ex POREL(AIR) :thumright:
  4. Unfortunately Not!
  5. Glad I wasn't the only one to use that reasoning! However if I get a fishhead at my AIB something tells me that won't go down too well...
  6. And some people STILL sit there taking no notice of the safety briefing!
  7. Lie in every day not just weekends
    Swan about with Ray Bans and a white silk scarf on and think I'm the bees knees.
    Do the engine cut off thing (Auto Rotation??) at a 1,000ft in a Sea King to hear the Royals 'in the back' screaming. Ha, ha great fun. You Cnut. Sir.
  8. Slim - Most of the women I saw hanging round FAA didn't have any knickers on to take off!
  9. Only because the AETs had already eaten them :w00t:
  10. High Fibre Diet?!
  11. The uniform is tidy and everyday is a bright sunny one, once above the clouds. (Just wish they'd stop chuckin' it around so much)

You can wear Ray Ban Aviators without remorse
  12. or your 22G/1399s with pride.
  13. Not forgetting what it says in the good book!

ALL Aircrew should get at least 8 hours uninterrupted sleep per night.

(Any sleep they get in the day is a bonus) :thefinger:
  14. certainly not if i'm doing a totally unneccessary ground run in the silent hours above some extremely annoyed ruperts
  15. Serves em right for writing in the 700 :w00t:
  16. Worked on my cousin, married a git from 772
  17. And farmers as well - I'm sure you all remember the story from the crabs about the Welsh farmer who became rather miffed with the pilots low flying over his farm so he painted 'P1ss off biggles!' on his barn roof, prompting the whole squadron to give him a low level fly past...
  18. Hahaha.

19. I'd liken that to dragging chains across the flight deck on a Leander. CPO's mess was underneath. Bless em!!!!!! :headbang: