Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I fired my Secretary

Why I Fired My Secretary!
Two weeks ago it was my 44th birthday and I wasn't feeling too good that morning.
I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say,
"Happy Birthday!", and probably have a present for me.
As it turned out, she didn't even say good morning, let alone any
"Happy Birthday". I thought, well, that's wives for you, the children will
remember.
The children came in to breakfast and didn't say a word. So when I left
for the office, I was feeling pretty low and despondent.
As I walked into my office, my secretary Janet said,
"Good morning, Boss, Happy Birthday".
And I felt a little better that someone had remembered. I worked until
noon, then Janet knocked on my door and said, "You know, it's such a
beautiful day outside, and it's your birthday, let's go to lunch, just
you and I."
I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go!"
We went to lunch, we didn't go where we normally go; instead we went out
to a private little place. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously.
On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it's such a beautiful
day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"
I said, "No, I guess not." She said, "Let's go to my apartment."
After arriving at her apartment she said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I
think I'll go into the bedroom."
"Sure!" I excitedly replied.
She went into the bedroom and, in about six minutes, she came out carrying
a huge birthday cake...
followed by my wife, children, and dozens of our friends, all singing
Happy Birthday!

And I just sat there on the couch... Naked !.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Why I fired my Secretary Miscellaneous 0
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
D Shots fired in anger Current Affairs 26
U Being fired in a previous job Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
MG Maniac Brings a whole new meaning to "You're Fired!" Diamond Lil's 3
soleil BBC: "Navy Shell Fired In Libya Lands In Downing Street" The Fleet 1
soleil The Star (Sheffield): "Gaddafi Forces Fired On Teenage Sailors" The Fleet 2
pussers_hard Why the Icecream man got fired & more Diamond Lil's 14
soleil Defence Management: "Sea Viper Fired From Type 45" The Fleet 2
themonkeyg0d Missles fired in anger....... Submariners 16
Bergen Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff Fired Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary underlines UK commitment to NATO MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement following the sentencing of three Hong Kong activists MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Paul Roberts as a Member of Arts Council England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 30 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State outlines way forward in Pat Finucane case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Official Development Assistance (November 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement following a meeting with the Ethiopian Deputy Prime Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary call with Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta: November 24 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary announces bureaucracy-busting drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Culture Secretary announces return of fans to elite sports events and reopening of grassroots sport from 2 December MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary discusses post-EU immigration in virtual event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Letter from the Prime Minister and the Cabinet Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary marks 25th Anniversary of peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Israeli and Palestinian cooperation: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Economic Secretary’s keynote speech to TheCityUK 2020 Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary's speech at the Defence Space Conference 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 16 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 12 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's call with Arancha González-Laya, 12 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's call with Luigi Di Maio, 12 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary declares breach of Sino-British Joint Declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on the expulsion of pro-democracy legislators in Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letters from the Culture Secretary to the BBC and S4C on the 2022 Licence Fee Settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary addresses business leaders at CBI Wales event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expulsion of two British diplomats from Belarus: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on US Presidential Election MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State shows support for Welsh firm’s COVID-19 response during virtual visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport secretary statement on Denmark MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary welcomes Chancellor’s further COVID-19 support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Annie Hampson, Jane Spiers, and Katie Town as Trustees of the Theatres Trust. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Dame Judith Macgregor as Trustee of the British Tourist Authority. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary at the CBI 2020 Annual Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement following earthquake in the Aegean Sea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement following attack in Nice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on normalisation of Israel and Sudan relations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary reaffirms UK commitment to leadership on Euro-Atlantic security at NATO Defence Ministerial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on protests in Nigeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health Secretary warns of long-term effects of COVID-19 as new film released MoD News 0