Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I fired my Secretary

shiner

Midshipman
Last week was my birthday and I didn't feel very well waking up on that morning.

I went downstairs for breakfast hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, "Happy Birthday!" and possibly have a small present for me.

As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone "Happy
Birthday."

I thought... Well, that's marriage for you, but the kids.... They will
remember.

My kids came bounding down stairs to breakfast and didn't say a word.

So when I left for the office, I felt pretty low and somewhat
despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary Jane said, "Good Morning Boss, and by the way Happy Birthday ! "

It felt a little better that at least someone had remembered.

I worked until one o'clock , when Jane knocked on my door and said, "You know, It's such a beautiful day outside, and it is your Birthday, what do you say we go out to lunch, just you and me."

I said, "Thanks, Jane, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day.
Let's go !"

We went to lunch.

But we didn't go where we normally would go. She chose instead at a quiet bistro with a private table. We had two martinis each and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.

On the way back to the office, Jane said, "You know, It's such a
beautiful day... We don't need to go straight back to the office, Do We?"

I responded, "I guess not. What do you have in mind ?"

She said, "Let's drop by my apartment, it's just around the corner."

After arriving at her apartment, Jane turned to me and said, " Boss, if you don't mind, I'm going to step into the bedroom for just a moment. I'll be right back."

"Ok." I nervously replied.

She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake ... Followed by my wife, my kids, and dozens of my friends and co-workers, all singing "Happy Birthday".

And I just sat there...

On the couch ....................................

Naked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dhoby_bucket Why I fired my Secretary Miscellaneous 1
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
D Shots fired in anger Current Affairs 26
U Being fired in a previous job Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
MG Maniac Brings a whole new meaning to "You're Fired!" Diamond Lil's 3
soleil BBC: "Navy Shell Fired In Libya Lands In Downing Street" The Fleet 1
soleil The Star (Sheffield): "Gaddafi Forces Fired On Teenage Sailors" The Fleet 2
pussers_hard Why the Icecream man got fired & more Diamond Lil's 14
soleil Defence Management: "Sea Viper Fired From Type 45" The Fleet 2
themonkeyg0d Missles fired in anger....... Submariners 16
Bergen Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff Fired Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 5 March 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary co-chairs UK Steel Council meeting: 5 March 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Frances Akor and Nicola Phillips as Non-Executive Directors of UK Anti-Doping MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Oral statement: Update on Counter Daesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed John Baillie and Catharine Seddon as Commissioners of the Gambling Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary agrees UK-Singapore joint statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ben Wallace, Defence Secretary letter to the AFPRB Chair Pay Round 2021 to 2022 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 1 March 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary speech to FED National Education Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary’s St David’s Day message MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Myanmar violence: 1 March 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement: With UK aid support, people in Ivory Coast to be first vaccinated through COVAX MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement: decision to charge Hong Kong politicians and activists for conspiracy to commit subversion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and Social Care Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 26 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement: UNSC ceasefire resolution passed unanimously MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Kenneth Dibble as a Board Member of the Charity Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary speaks at launch of digital learning review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary statement to MPs on education recovery and qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Simon Lebus responds to the Secretary of State’s direction of 23 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary opens £70-million British Army facility in Kenya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from the Health and Social Care Secretary on COVID-19 vaccination in people with learning disabilities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State for International Trade NFU conference speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Secretary, George Eustice, speech at NFU Conference 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary calls on Human Rights Council to address human rights violations in Myanmar, China, Belarus and Russia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS United Nations Human Rights Council, 46th session: Foreign Secretary’s statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on violent crackdown on peaceful protests in Myanmar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary reaffirms UK’s solidarity with Ukraine on seventh anniversary of illegal annexation of Crimea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Susanna McGibbon appointed as Treasury Solicitor, HM Procurator General and Permanent Secretary, Government Legal Department MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary calls on businesses to continue supporting vaccine rollout MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Professor Dame Elan Closs Stephens DBE as Member for Wales on the BBC Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with United Nations Secretary-General: 16 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Foreign Secretary condemns politically motivated charges against Aung San Suu Kyi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Professor Geoff Thompson MBE DL and Ama Agbeze MBE to the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Culture Secretary appoints Blondel Cluff CBE as Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tribute to Dame Fiona Caldicott from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary extends support for renters during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary hails work of transport industry in vaccination roll-out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary urges Surrey residents to come forward for vaccine after virtual visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Secretary tours Cornish mass vaccination centre MoD News 0