Why I fired my Secretary

shiner

Midshipman
Last week was my birthday and I didn't feel very well waking up on that morning.

I went downstairs for breakfast hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, "Happy Birthday!" and possibly have a small present for me.

As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone "Happy
Birthday."

I thought... Well, that's marriage for you, but the kids.... They will
remember.

My kids came bounding down stairs to breakfast and didn't say a word.

So when I left for the office, I felt pretty low and somewhat
despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary Jane said, "Good Morning Boss, and by the way Happy Birthday ! "

It felt a little better that at least someone had remembered.

I worked until one o'clock , when Jane knocked on my door and said, "You know, It's such a beautiful day outside, and it is your Birthday, what do you say we go out to lunch, just you and me."

I said, "Thanks, Jane, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day.
Let's go !"

We went to lunch.

But we didn't go where we normally would go. She chose instead at a quiet bistro with a private table. We had two martinis each and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.

On the way back to the office, Jane said, "You know, It's such a
beautiful day... We don't need to go straight back to the office, Do We?"

I responded, "I guess not. What do you have in mind ?"

She said, "Let's drop by my apartment, it's just around the corner."

After arriving at her apartment, Jane turned to me and said, " Boss, if you don't mind, I'm going to step into the bedroom for just a moment. I'll be right back."

"Ok." I nervously replied.

She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake ... Followed by my wife, my kids, and dozens of my friends and co-workers, all singing "Happy Birthday".

And I just sat there...

On the couch ....................................

Naked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dhoby_bucket Why I fired my Secretary Miscellaneous 1
MoD_RSS Get ‘Fired Up’ for National Apprenticeship Week 2020 MoD News 0
D Shots fired in anger Current Affairs 26
U Being fired in a previous job Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
MG Maniac Brings a whole new meaning to "You're Fired!" Diamond Lil's 3
soleil BBC: "Navy Shell Fired In Libya Lands In Downing Street" The Fleet 1
soleil The Star (Sheffield): "Gaddafi Forces Fired On Teenage Sailors" The Fleet 2
pussers_hard Why the Icecream man got fired & more Diamond Lil's 14
soleil Defence Management: "Sea Viper Fired From Type 45" The Fleet 2
themonkeyg0d Missles fired in anger....... Submariners 16
Bergen Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff Fired Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces Appointments Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the Secretary of State's announcement of 12 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Professor Roger Bland, OBE, and Dr Megan Gooch as Chair and Trustee of the Treasure Valuation Committee. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Secretary visits poppy factory MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints small boat commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMS Enterprise to deploy to Port of Beirut as Defence Secretary sets out package of support to Lebanon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary praises strength of UK-Japan partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary sees first-hand the science supporting UK police MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir Philip Barton appointed as Permanent Under-Secretary of new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary welcomes first EU sanctions against malicious cyber actors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's statement on Hong Kong election disqualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary call with Chinese Foreign Minister - 28 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Embrace data to deliver for the public, Chief Secretary tells Whitehall MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Secretary to the Treasury delivers his first speech in the role to thinktank Onward MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cabinet Secretary lecture at The Blavatnik School of Government MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary announces details of the Hong Kong BN(O) visa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM meeting with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: 21 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hong Kong and China: Foreign Secretary's statement in Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local government ethical standards: letter to Secretary of State MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Permanent Secretary announced at Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guyana elections: Foreign Secretary's statement, 17 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary keynote speech at the Air and Space Power Conference 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary Ben Wallace gives a speech at the Air and Space Power Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary visits company developing Covid-19 beating technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Secretary's statement on telecoms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Mel Young as the Scotland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Loyd Grossman as Chair of The Royal Parks. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed George Lucas as the Northern Ireland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Robert Noel and Professor Dame Janet Thornton as Trustees of the Natural History Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flood and coastal erosion: letter from Environment Secretary to National Infrastructure Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State appointments to National Park Authorities and AONB Conservation Boards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary signals Britain is open for business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on the 25th Anniversary of the Srebrenica Genocide in Bosnia and Herzegovina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary speech at India Global Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 9 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary FE speech with Social Market Foundation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Justice Permanent Secretary concludes five-year tenure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minute from the Prime Minister to the Permanent Secretary at the Cabinet Office MoD News 0