Why? ffs

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by angry_mac, Jun 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could someone please give me the answer, why the chuffing hell was NBCD now referred to CBRNDC. Its bloody ridiculous.
    Plus having just watched the Equal Opportunties DVD last week, since when has the RN ever been referred to as the Corps, surely this is just for booties.
    Plus discovered a new management jargon to go along with 'close the loop' and 'touch base'. 'Watch your six' , in a letter from MCTA. I can assure you the author has probably never had to 'watch his six'.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Tense duty weekend is it, Mac?! :thumright:
  3. NBCD
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

AND, what's more, my blummin' bunklight bill has doubled this month....
  5. I loved that one - the best by far of any, and it works. :)
  6. Rating corps and Officer corps?
  7. It's the dreaded P.C. brigade. They are taking over the country don't you know!
  8. Blimey, in my day all we had to worry about was the Greek Fire.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

When I joined, Swan Vestas hadn't got as far as the Hellenic mainland.
  10. Tsk, Black Catting Athenian Barsteward.
  11. I share your anguish. As soon as Mustafa Terr become a danger to the Civil population, NBCD became everyone's problem. The Civil powers seemed to have found this very novel and latched on to CBRNDC. As the modern day Civil power is supreme, we are where we are! The BIKINI Code, you will notice, has gone the same way.

In modern Britain, professionals do not wear uniforms.

http://www.cvqo.org/user_files/downloads/Public Services Unit 1 Project Resource Book 2008.pdf
  12. Surely that should read:

Down [with yet more]
  13. When I joined the Dead Sea was just reporting sick.

When I joined we didn't have official numbers cos I knew the other bloke !
  14. Whatever happed to Swan Vestas,did he go back to Peru?
  15. So what the fcuk does CBRNDC mean?

Going past Collingrad the other day I noticed that the Leadership School is now an ACADEMY!! What is that all about? When the troops pass the course do they now become ACADEMICIANS?

Semper Strenuissima
  16. Ahh the Royal Navy Leadership school where you learn fack all except how to lie ironically.
    'Yes this course isnt a tick in the box for my next promotion, i aim to get loads out of this course, oh yes throwing a couple of planks across an imaginary chasm, yes i feel personally developed already'.
    6 weeks of my life that i can never get back.
  17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Guaranteed to get a flash out of the "Staff" [sic]:

"Just a tick in the box, innit?!" :threaten: :thumright:
  18. Imaginery chasm!

My first experience of the practical leadership skills was to get myself, my squad and a couple of oil barrels across an imaginery chasm.

Imaginery chasm, Staff?

Yes, imaginery chasm, Leader Streaky.

So I threw a heaving line across the imaginery chasm, and said "Right, you and you pick up those oil barrels and follow the rest of us on this imaginery tightrope across the imaginery chasm."

Guess who was doing incentive press ups for taking the piss?
  19. Yeah with his mate Senor Fray Bentos.
  20. Chemical
    Centre (Course)