Why do we need a Navy?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by penrecon, Sep 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just tried to follow a link on the RN website, which said "Why do we need a Navy" and got this;

Sorry, the page you requested was not found. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists.

Somehow seems to say it all doesn't it?
  2. But it's not working from other pages - I just felt it was somewhat ironic!
  3. Works fine for me from other pages..? Maybe it was your browser.
  4. The MoD is an expert at presenting dead end links. If you go for a page from the wrong angle, you won't get there. The MoD Intranet search facility is a joke. I wish I had a pound for the number of times I've reverted to Google to find a NATO or Joint document.
  5. i am in the navy - my bother is in the raf

i therefore am allowed to take p*ss out of him everytime i see him

that is why we have a RN
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Surrounded by water.

It kind of makes sense.
  7. Not enough billets at HMPs.
  8. Why an RN?
    Her Britanic Majesties Corps of Royal Marines require a more reputable and reliable Taxi service than can be provided by Crab Air, of course.
  9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I like that one. BZ that man.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Or perhaps you read this in the Daily Wail and actually believed it? :wink:

Another bit of shoite journalism stolen from the 'French military Victories' fallacy: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html
  11. So ironic. Not even an original contrivance but one cooked up by the Daily Wail. I wonder how long it took to find a broken link on the RN website (if indeed there ever was one). :roll:
  12. All I did was point out something that I found mildly amusing and people here seem to find the need to attack.

I'd followed an external link to a news item on the RN website and saw the link there named 'Why do we need a Navy' and I found it ironic that the link did not work.

But it's OK I won't make the same mistake of posting anything similar here again.
  13. Don't be like that mate. just would off been helpful to have posted the Daily Wail link in the first place. The way it reads is like you were the author.

- This is my 1st post on this thread so now personal attacks from me

Keep posting. Just smile and Nod :lol:
  14. Sorry should read NO personal attacks from me ! :roll:
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bugger that. Unleash the attack dogs from hell, not only did someone make the cardinal sin of trying to be humourous he made a spelling mistake as well. Burn him.

I may well have made a spelling mistake on the second to last word of the above sentance......it is a Naval site after all.... :twisted: mmmm
  16. I had no idea the Daily Mail article existed as I prefer to read News!
  17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's more like it.
  18. Of course I believe you but what are the chances of such an extraordinary coincidence?

Better make sure you buy a ticket for tonight's Lotto. :wink:
  19. Isn't HMS Invincible non operational at the moment? Yet the Daily Mail mentions her in the article instead of an operational ship...which in my mind would have made more sense given the context in which they refer to her!