why do officers and rating has different "smart" uniform ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by IconicBuck, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok at first this seems like a stupid question, surly its because it shows senior ranking ?, well why dont the RAF and army have this? RAF and army officers still wear the same as there soldiers/airmen do, correct me if im wrong but they wear the same thing right? to me it just seems better, makes everyone look and feel like there on the same playing field so to say, also the navy officer "smart" uniform looks alot better then the ratings in my opinion. just wondering why, if anyone could enlighten me on why id be very appreciative.

Also when i say "smart" i think i mean number 1's ? ( the uniform they would wear for remembrance day for example )
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Pay attention the the way all three services dress and you will soon see that the uniforms worn by officers are different to those worn by NCOs and privates.
    The quality and the cut are different, officer uniform will always look smarter than those that they are in charge of.
    It's just that in the RN the difference is more marked between junior rates and officers. At a quick glance it would seem that the PO, CPO and officers are wearing the same uniform. Closer inspection reveals that officers have 8 buttons on their jackets where NCOs have 6. Material used for an officers uniform used to be a more expensive material.
  3. Well it's a bit windy and there's a drop of rain, but not bad for November I suppose.
  4. Officers and senior rates wear a 'smarter' uniform because in the main their command of the English language is much better than the ratings.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. Not bad, it only took until the 3rd post for spelling and grammar to be sarcastically mentioned.
  6. To be honest I don't think it's a matter of sarcasm. I could barely understand what this **** was on about and could not really see a question in the post. As for the RAF/RFA confusion I would think a typo is unlikely and the OP is simply a fuckwit.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. I accept your accolade with gratitude.

8. To be fair he did put out a warning in the first sentence that it was a stupid question. He could just be pished.
  9. No thanks necessary.
  10. Yes bad show Finks old chap...3 buggers got in before you, your position as "RR Spelling and Grammar Nazi" could be revoked.
    Luckily we have a "Spelling and Grammar Nazi" Nazi, ready to take over, that's if he has time from running his own site.
  11. tam

I have only been out the loop for a short period of time yet I return to find that there has been an incursion of fucktards during that absence. Having had a quick scan round I see that the old ones (fucktards that is) are still on- board and spouting the same old detritus.
  12. That's you Finks and it's not even funny. Get a grip.
  13. You have me all wrong spidriver, I can't spell for shit. Had a look at that site you and frog are on about and to be fair I doubt it takes much running but alas it isn't mine.
  14. It's great fun playing where's the other one, with Finks and Tam, they are never on-line at the same time....been looking for months and it's just spooky..it's almost as if they use the same computer in the care home !!
  15. Froggers,

Witsend and Monty are both offline so Tamknottle ventures out to play confusalums again.

See him off will you? He's wasted far too much of my time already at RR :roll:
  16. Hey ianandadrian....don't worry about not being able to spell, but do try and get names right, otherwise people will think you're thick...except where I've done it as sarcasm.
  17. It's just odd. Guess we will never know......

18. I had no idea that I was standing on someone's toes, I will withdraw at once.
  19. BINGO...!!!! it's so easy with Tamnottle....set him a task and he comes good.....
  20. Both online now, spooky.