Why do i bother to do so much for the RNR???

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
From what I've been told, it is a number of people from each Unit within the RNR who are affected by this problem. I'm not sure if it's wider than that and has hit the TA/RAuxAF too?

I received a phone call from the Unit yesterday to explain what has happened, as my bounty won't be going in with the coming pay run. However, they said that it was a known-about problem, and it is being looked into.

As far as pay is concerned; I never expect to be paid, and therefore, I am always happy when I am :)

With regards to this bounty - I'm happy that the Unit has let me know about the problem, which shows the lines of communication are working (now..).. One up on not knowing anything at all.

GSSR_Vvd

Lantern Swinger
icantfly said:
With regards to this bounty - I'm happy that the Unit has let me know about the problem, which shows the lines of communication are working (now..).. One up on not knowing anything at all.

I agree with that comment, I merely came on here because I was annoyed at the possibility of not getting my bounty this week. It is annoying and is a little sad that I was depending on it for some things but that's what i'm doing.

At least I had an e-mail trying to explain the situation to us and pre warning us that it MIGHT NOT get paid. The unit have done everything possible and informed us about the situation with like you say is one up on not knowing at all. :thanks:

trehorn

War Hero
Again, i'm reserving comment (something i should have done before my previous post) until my bounty either goes in or doesn't go in.

However isnt it a sad state of affairs that we are even talking about the fact that we cannot rely on being paid what we are entitled to when we're entitled to it. I don't like hearing all the bull about you know what its like and life in a blue suit, you shouldn't have joined if you cant take a joke etc etc. Its not good. If my pay doesn't go in at work then i can walk to an office 100 yards away and pick up either petty cash or a cheque or have the money transfered immediatly. That goes for expenses too. If the RNR don't pay me i have to talk to half a dozen people who are hundreds of miles away on the phone who all blame each other or don't know what the problem is and in some cases couldn't give a toss either way before i'm told i'll have to wait. There are some helpful people at JPAC i know but in many cases their hands are tied.

Not good.

Toff

read all the posts here and i hope that all those who qualify (inc myself) are paid it tomorrow...but,

ive been in the RNR a few years now and i qualified for bounty this year by the skin of my teeth. what i would say though and advise how i approach this is to expect sod all on time.

i can see both sides, yes i agree if youve done your time then you deserve it. totally 100% behind that. what i do concede on is the time and the reason being is past experience. its not right i know but thats the way it is.

FACT- ive did my time, im on top bounty so i expect in the region of £1600 (or whatever it is) very soon. what i now dont do is EXPECT to receive that in May or the world ends/holidays cancelled/no nappies for the baby.

i honestly hope if your expecting bounty very soon and it doesnt show then it doesnt seriously mess up any plans you have made...

ladies/gents if youve logged your time and have proof then you will get your bounty in the end. yes it isnt right and you shouldnt have to be put on hold 12 times or attend the unit in your lunch hour but sometimes thats the way it is and the lengths people have to go to...

nor by comparing the Navy to your employer is making the situation better...it isnt gonna happen. yes you might be able to go to your MD on monday and ask for CHQ or beer tokens but you reckon you can do that to the 1SL??...

before anyone comes on here and says it isnt right and I shouldnt accept it blah blah blah, well stop there. youll be preaching to the converted. i know many REGULARS who are treated just as bad.

40 thousand of them and 3 thousand of us, hmmm?

trehorn

War Hero
As per one of my previous posts. It looks like mine's gone in so previous rant fully retracted from me personally.

Anyone who hasn't been paid theirs please feel free to use said rant subject to small copyright fee.

Sorry to all those who have qualified but haven't recieved theirs. Hope it comes through soon.

TH.

edited cos i can't fcuking spell!!

trehorn

War Hero
Toff said:
read all the posts here and i hope that all those who qualify (inc myself) are paid it tomorrow...but,

ive been in the RNR a few years now and i qualified for bounty this year by the skin of my teeth. what i would say though and advise how i approach this is to expect sod all on time.

i can see both sides, yes i agree if youve done your time then you deserve it. totally 100% behind that. what i do concede on is the time and the reason being is past experience. its not right i know but thats the way it is.

FACT- ive did my time, im on top bounty so i expect in the region of £1600 (or whatever it is) very soon. what i now dont do is EXPECT to receive that in May or the world ends/holidays cancelled/no nappies for the baby.

i honestly hope if your expecting bounty very soon and it doesnt show then it doesnt seriously mess up any plans you have made...

ladies/gents if youve logged your time and have proof then you will get your bounty in the end. yes it isnt right and you shouldnt have to be put on hold 12 times or attend the unit in your lunch hour but sometimes thats the way it is and the lengths people have to go to...

nor by comparing the Navy to your employer is making the situation better...it isnt gonna happen. yes you might be able to go to your MD on monday and ask for CHQ or beer tokens but you reckon you can do that to the 1SL??...

before anyone comes on here and says it isnt right and I shouldnt accept it blah blah blah, well stop there. youll be preaching to the converted. i know many REGULARS who are treated just as bad.

40 thousand of them and 3 thousand of us, hmmm?

Mate, we all know that Regulars are messed about and if anything they're messed about MORE than us. It doesn't make it right!

People can cope with not getting paid correctly, on time etc IF they're told about it. For example, last year we recieved bounty early April. So when i booked a holiday this year i made sure that the bulk of the payment didn't have to come out until the end of May, giving myself some breathing space. If i was one of theose unfortunate people who's bounty's been delayed til june i'd be in the shtuk. Granted, it does sound like many of those affected have been informed by their units. I'm lucky, i got my bounty so i should probably get off my soap box.

All this suck it an see rubbish is just that - Rubbish! I'm not going to get into the Regulars V's Reserves argument. Its been done and there is never a definitive answer.

The fact that in this day and age we can launch a missile from hundreds of feet beneath the sea, have it fly hundreds of miles, change direction, change target and still hit someone's front door and yet we cant pay people correctly (Reserves or Regulars) is ludicrous.

War Hero
trehorn said:
Mate, we all know that Regulars are messed about and if anything they're messed about MORE than us. It doesn't make it right!
The fact that in this day and age we can launch a missile from hundreds of feet beneath the sea, have it fly hundreds of miles, change direction, change target and still hit someone's front door and yet we cant pay people correctly (Reserves or Regulars) is ludicrous.

From my perspective I do know that the deadline for the pay run seems to have caught a number of people on the hop, my unit lost the paperwork for about half my annual commitment this year, I only found that out the day before the pay run was due.

It's far too easy to blame the computer but in practice it's generally more likely to be human factors. The business processes around JPA are not straightforward (lets face it the loggies had to protect their existence) and the performance is p!ss poor, even when you're sitting on a high capacity pipe, but that doesn't mean that it'll automagically f*ck up some people and not others.

Of course where the human error happened might be more interesting; did units not know the due date (mine did), did information go missing in units, did units not inject the data in time, was there a mistake at Worthy Down or Centurion? All kinds of options. Only once that is better understood can anything more be said.

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Well I got mine, so previous ill thoughts to CMR retracted - but once again we seem to have a problem with communication. It is clear from speaking with other units that there is a problem with some people this month - but for CMR to not say anything and only let us find out via RR is pretty poor. For years I've listened to the acolytes of CMR say how important communicaiton is, how bounty keeps people in and so on. Yet when push comes to shove we keep having the same old issues crop up.

I fail to see how communication is so difficult - units have email addresses - a quick "don't get alarmed, small chance of problem, working on it, but if you meet following then you should be ok" would sort it out. A half decent SO could draft it in 10 minutes.

Uncle_Albert

War Hero
trehorn said:

As an aside and speaking as someone who used to work in that very business, it's actually far easier to build the missile than the working pay system.

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Rather than drop a missile on the enemy, why not just install JPA into their infastructure and destroy them slowly but surely from within!?
:afro:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Tall_bloke said:
Rather than drop a missile on the enemy, why not just install JPA into their infastructure and destroy them slowly but surely from within!?
:afro:

Well it worked at the end of "Independence Day", when Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum uploaded a virus into the alien Windows-based 'pooter mainframe... :roll:

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Hah! Nice one. Do you think they just uploaded JPA into the mothership then? Christ no wonder the spaceships fell out of the sky so fast. It must have been pandemonium up there! :ufo: