Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why am I always hungry?

Feck me, I'm not even been blessed with a commission...or any rank come to think of it......but it isn't hard to figure out is it?...hungry..eat....not hungry...dont eat....where's me pips....... :roll:

andym

War Hero
Medically you have the start of whats called FBS and CPE.

FBS= Fat Bastard Syndrome

CPE= Compulsive Pie Eating!

wet_blobby said:
Feck me, I'm not even been blessed with a commission...or any rank come to think of it......but it isn't hard to figure out is it?...hungry..eat....not hungry...dont eat....where's me pips....... :roll:

Are these the sort of PIPS you're after? :roll:

aussiepint

War Hero
Ship Rat you haven't given your height to weight ratio? But going on what you have said, I don't think you are eating enough? There is alot of foods that are low in Glycaemic Index, which basically means foods that will release energy for longer periods of time. Hence you feel fuller for longer. There is all sorts of information on the web about this, it won't take much to pick up on pointers. Hope this helps.

kingoftwigs

War Hero
Lamri said:
Try Milky Way, it would appear that you can IN FACT eat this in-between meals WITHOUT ruining your appetite! Amazing stuff!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, if you are feeling hungry try drinking more water and eating protien rich food, something lik jerky etc.... Also your daily intake looks far to low for the amount of exercise you are doing, try including some toast with breakfast, although porridge is the best, and increase your intake at lunchtime, this has to carry you for a long time, something like noodles are filling or jacket spuds with proper filling, tuna and the like, your evening meal should be lighter as you are eating just before bed. Try more at breakfast, more at lunch and a lighter dinner. Snacking on fruit is always a winner too. Hope this helps.

Six_and_a_Half

Lantern Swinger
[align=center]WARNING!
THREAD DERAILMENT![/align]

Always_a_Civvy said:
Are these the sort of PIPS you're after? :roll:

Is it just me or do those nuns look rather evil? :lol:

Back to topic, I can see why you would have large gaps in between your mealtimes, and if you could be potentially diving at all times during the day it would be unwise to eat particularly heavy. That's why I suggest the little and often stragety, which won't make you gain a lot of weight!

Because as you've explained that diving burns a helluva lot of calories, you can get away with eating chocolate (good for an energy boost) and pasta, jacket potatoes, and chips, all of which are relatively light and full of carbohydrates which release energy more slowly.

kingoftwigs

War Hero
kingoftwigs said:
Lamri said:
Try Milky Way, it would appear that you can IN FACT eat this in-between meals WITHOUT ruining your appetite! Amazing stuff!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, if you are feeling hungry try drinking more water and eating protien rich food, something like jerky etc.... Also your daily intake looks far too low for the amount of exercise you are doing, try including some toast with breakfast, although porridge is the best, and increase your intake at lunchtime, this has to carry you for a long time, something like noodles are filling or jacket spuds with proper filling, tuna and the like, your evening meal should be lighter as you are eating just before bed. Try more at breakfast, more at lunch and a lighter dinner. Snacking on fruit is always a winner too. Hope this helps.

Always_a_Civvy said:
Visit me at work sometime. I'll make sure you leave with a full tummy! :lol:

high in protein I take it, although i think a bit to much salt for me though! lol :lol:
ship_rat

slim

War Hero
ship_rat said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Visit me at work sometime. I'll make sure you leave with a full tummy! :lol:

high in protein I take it, although i think a bit to much salt for me though! lol :lol:
ship_rat

I don't think that AAC realises you are female, either that or he is turning straight. :)

lol

If people are complaining that is not enough food (And I do agree), I dare not tell you what I ate to lose 4 stone last year! 8O

letthecatoutofthebag said:
creddly said:
lol

If people are complaining that is not enough food (And I do agree), I dare not tell you what I ate to lose 4 stone last year! 8O

Tapeworms?

Nope;

2 x Weetabix and a Sandwich a day for a good few months!

I'm not so hungry now! i have changed what I eat and more importantly when I eat, i dare not tell you what i eat on a dive trip!

ship_rat

creddly said:
ship_rat said:
I'm not so hungry now! i have changed what I eat and more importantly when I eat, i dare not tell you what i eat on a dive trip!

ship_rat

lol go on...

for breakfast
porrrage or bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato's, toast

through out the diving day ( about 7 hrs worth)
2x cheesy chips
2x mars drinks
1x packet of honey roasted cashew and peanuts
2x chewie bars
1ltr of orange juice
1/2 packet of mini donuts /bun's
1/4 sorean/maltloaf
lots of water
4x bannanas
3x corn crisps

dinner

depends - pub grup or curry house :D

ship_rat

hi
I Only do this on dive days! and at no other time. you need the short quick burst engery to keep you going! you can't eat a what I would call a proper meal at lunch, as a matter of fact this can be dangerouse to a diver! trust me I don't normal eat this kind of food.
when you go diving eg 20-30m below water you can burn up to and over a thousand calories an hour sepecaily in cold water (which is most of the uk!) you need that kind of food in take.

but I do agree with you if I did this every day then yes it is very.. very .. bad for me!

ship_rat

What weight, build and height are you ?
And how active are you, these are very important factors,

You also need to eat a balanced meal, starting with breakfast, as the word describes its breaking a fast .

I found when I played rugby and trained 6 times aweek, I could eat upto six balanced meal a day, I am not saying you need that, but you need a structure to your eating pattern,

eg
Breakfast at 8.00am
Cereral, fruit/ dryed fruit,yoghurt and toast.
And as stated Porridge is excellent.

Brunch at 11.00am
Flapjack

Lunch 13.00
Lean protein, fish or chicken, with salad and jacket pot or pasta.

Afternoon. 15.30
Light snack of fruit or small sandwich.

Dinner 19.00
Protein, pasta, jacket, rice with fresh veg.

Supper 22.00
Very light, something along the lines of fresh cut raw veg

This does not include drinks, but stay clear of sugar based drinks and alcohol.

This doesnt mean you have to purge your self, just be sensible.

If you PM me I will glady look at your life style, diet and come up with a basic dietry plan that will help you.

I need the following info.

Sex, thats male or female, not how often you partake ! :D
Weight, build.
How much sleep you average per day
Age.
What an average working/resting day involves
Exercise
Do you drink or smoke ?.

Your present diet to be honest is rubbish, living out of tins /packet foods, and consuming alot of sugar, hidden and visible.

Regards

RB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Face Of The Base: The Culdrose Crew Always On Call" The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS Speech: The NHS of the future will always put its people first MoD News 0
Stirlin Big is not always best. Sports and Adventure Training 5
P Advice wanted: Offered Observer but always had Pilot as my first choice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
jesse Why does it always happen to me?! Diamond Lil's 21
dapperdunn I always keep my word Current Affairs 34
chrismonc87 Always go to Parties in Torpoint...... this is real i kid you not Diamond Lil's 2
soleil The Diplomat: "Measuring Naval Power: Bigger Ain’t Always Better" International 0
MG Maniac Why does it always rain ..................... Diamond Lil's 10
frogman007 Always log off Diamond Lil's 4
Rumrat Why does it always happen this way?... Diamond Lil's 35
T Postman always comes twice Blue Jokes 0
A Always be honest! Miscellaneous 0
soleil Herald: "Navy Will 'Always' Be In City" Submariners 0
Stirling Always obey the last....... Diamond Lil's 1
2_deck_dash Why is the younger sister always more divs? Diamond Lil's 49
Andrew_1980 I always felt Google discriminated The Internet - Best and Worst 5
Clown_Puncher Always check your arcs (Facebook faux pais) Diamond Lil's 14
A Why does it always have to be about who you shag? Diamond Lil's 23
Rumrat Come on you didn't always win!! Diamond Lil's 12
NotmeChief Why do the Scots always blame someone else. The Quarterdeck 68
Cpt_Black So this is why I've always got a cold... Diamond Lil's 2
D Always ask where the cucumber has been Diamond Lil's 2
Rocket_Ron EU-the vote you always wanted... The Quarterdeck 32
Recruiting We are always looking for ... Blogs 1
F There is always one who...... Diamond Lil's 8
rosinacarley Always ... Diamond Lil's 24
G Once a communicator always a communicator Blogs 32
chinamatelot Always knew the Army was dodgy - meet Deborah Diamond Lil's 51
W when on a course I always seem to end up being stuck with The Gash Barge 26
T Story that always makes me larf Diamond Lil's 3
PragmaticJen Civvy Street - not always what its cracked up to be! Current Affairs 13
janner I'm not hungry Miscellaneous 0
S Hospital food at 90p!Hungry? Current Affairs 27
bigbaddog Hungry? The Gash Barge 6