Who's the,,,,

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by witsend, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Cheeky sod. Obviously a noob or he'd have known that I outed myself two years ago!
  3. witsend

Do tell us all this sorry tale.
  4. Where to begin? :roll:
  5. Also seems Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrssse members don't like jackspeak. Must agree it's strange to find so much of it on a Naval forum :roll: .

Confirms my thoughts as I grew up in an Army town that all pongo's are not the sharpest tools in the box.
  6. witsend

Well it appears that your a civvy walting cnut, who was outed.

I would like to know why your still here and serving members are driven from the site?

You can start from the beginning!
  7. I successfully passed myself off as a killick seaman for years, the only one who suspected me of being a Walt was the foc'sle PO.
  8. witsend

,,,,but you were such a cheeky sod. :roll:
  9. I was round Selly Oak last week doing a drug refresher, and some of them young Naval MA's... oh god if I was a noobie.
    I was still chatting them up, I told the one I was a crab and she looked me straight in the eye and said, you don't look like your dirty.
    An hour of explination, more grey hair, valium (being so close to young crumpet). Three of them are off to the ghan next month poor little buggers.
  10. Ah the beginning, Witsy, was my MRes research project which was going to expose the G Spot as a hotbed of sadism and abuse and use it to fight for compensation for any matelots harmed in the process. :oops: How to ask those difficult questions when everyone I have contacted insisted that no abuse occurred.

To cut a very long story short, I outed myself on the enormous ? ?? thread and requested that I be awarded O2 thief status. Nozzy account, by mutual agreement, closed. Oh the ructions, knashing of teeth and ribbing. You'll never live it down Thingy, I wad told, and I never have. Terminated account as Seacat too. Rejoined as Always a Civvy (AAC) and only terminated that after lots of accusations of meism, scaring off real sailors and being obsessed with beards. Stayed away for some months and joined ROMFT. Rejoined RR as Thingy.
  11. Lots of self justification and very little regret as per.
    As a Librarian you would understand the importance of authority when citing sources to validate an argument in a thesis and yet you would expect honesty and frankness from a site which has no method of authenticating the Service of members as you so amply proved. Oh the irony!
    It may surprise you to learn that HMS Ganges was a Military Training Establishment and not Miss Haversham's School for Young Ladies.
    For much, if not all, of it's history physical punishment (Unofficial for the use of.) would have been the norm as it was no doubt even in the Fleet or Corps. You Phucked up you either went on COs or you got a slap.
    Bullying of Younger Boys by older, surely not just the sole example of this in the British Education system. You could have gone on Old Etonian or Harovian sites (If they exist.) and got heaps of similar tales of 'Hotbeds of sadism and abuse."
    Perhaps I could supply you with some anecdotes about bops on the head with Sterling SMGs, soup ladles, pick axe helves or other handy implements that I and others that I know received during my Basic Training in 1979.
    Nah, I sucked it up and got over it, as no doubt did most of those who had puns inflicted on them during their Training at Ganges during the 50s, 60s and 70s.
    It might not be right that recruits received this type of punishment, but it was one of the preferred 'Instructional' methods of the time.
    You could petition Broon and Co for a meaningless apology as was given to descendants of slaves/victims of the slave trade recently, but I think few if any would thank you for your efforts.
    That you've continued to act as though you've commited no wrong on this site with the likes of Nozzy Nozzer et al, because you've had the 'Offending' accounts suspended, shows, to me at least your utter arrogance and brass neck.
    I second the ARRSE poster who wonders why your presence in any form is deemed acceptable.
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What's wrong with 15 year olds? my daughters got her mates round for a sleep over tonight....it's ace... :twisted:
  13. I'm quite amazed by that statement. Being a Ganges rating there was definitely no "hotbed of abuse and sadism" that I ever saw or was aware of. Why did you decide to take this on and try to prove something that may have existed on occasions (not while I was there). What exactly was your motive or even interest. Put it bluntly..what the fcuk has it got to do with you? seems just like an outsider trying to make waves to me.
  14. There was much regret when I outed myself on the ? ?? thread. The whole issue was comprehensivly aired in Higs' Nozzer thread at the time when I apologised for my misconduct and it was then that it was decided, after much robust discussion, that I could remain as a member of the forum but that the Nozzy Nozzer account had to be terminated. I intended to extricate myself permenantely thereafter but was asked to remain. I also contacted the COs about this matter. Since that time I have frequently referred to my having misrepresentated byself at the time as a reminder of that wrong. Whilst you may interpret this as arrogance, I interpret it alongside my regular self deprication, as an attempt at humility. We will have to agree to differ in opinion on this point.

For the record, I outed myself when the COs invited me to become a Moderator and realised that it could go on no longer.

You are welcome to raise this matter with the Board of Moderators and the COs again, if you wish, and I would respect your collective decision if you wish me to withdraw permenantely or to terminate my membership.

I only resorted to doing so to try to obtain what I considered to be authentic data, as against what I considered to be questionable responses to by initial enquiries, on my topic. I intended then to terminate my account. Sadly, from RR'ers perspective, I got addicted to the site.

My conduct was unprofessional and unethical, as I conceeded at the time in the Nozzer thread.

That does not excuse abuse. The quality of the training given, as Liddel-Hart observed, is instrumental in the quality and thereby efficacy of future service personnel.

I'm shocked this persisted upto 1979! What you call "physical punishment" I call systemic abuse. I've been a strong supporter of outlawing physical punishment of children, for some 20 years, on the grounds that it teaches the victims that hurting people is the best means of getting your way (and thereby may promote criminogenicity in some young people).

As stated before, they were suspended at my request. However as stated above, I suggest you raise this matter with the COs.
  15. wet_blobby

Well, I've had a beer with you Steve and I'd gladdly have another.
  16. Quote NZB:

during my Basic Training in 1979.

17. Oh, how very 'umble thou art. :roll:

They may accept your presence it doesn't mean I have to like it.

You got what you term questionable responses, so you resorted to lying in an attempt to get answers that fitted in with your assumptions. As I said... Ironic!
    How appropreate it would have been for you to be wahed by another Walter Mitty.

As I said the fact that it was illegal and wrong didn't stop it happening, it was a fact of life in that place, and others, in that time. Liddel-Hart was, quite frankly, talking out of his hoop. If he for one moment thought that abuses of power by NCOs in the British Armed Forces didn't occur in the Training of Troops during the First and Second Wars then he was dreaming.

Suspended, at your request when the penny dropped that you'd yet again pished off members who'd had the termerity to have actually served. How very noble of you. :roll:
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

While I support your concern that physical punishment of children COULD teach the victims that hurt is the best means of getting you own way, I disagree that this occurs in the majority of cases.

I - and I am sure many people here in RR - have first-hand experience of physical abuse from persons in authority (in my case, my Father). Did I use this treatment as an excuse to commit the same mistake in adult life? Of course not - children are well aware of the difference between right and wrong, and take these morals into adult life.

Those who choose to continue to vent their anger on inferiors and subordinates and then try to justify their actions by claiming that "I got beaten up as a child, so I know no different" are no less guilty than the original perpetrators - weak bullies who try to blame others for their behaviour. Simples. :?
  19. typical!!! Offers to buy a round when he is thousands of miles away!!!

(If your wife still allows you out alone you can buy one for NZ-B as a punishment)

20. wet_blobby

The wife say's yes... :lol: ...hows it going you?.....sorry thread deviation