Who's bloody country is this?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Sep 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sick if I had any to the back teeth with this nonsense. :evil:

Home Office staff have been warned not to eat in front of their Muslim colleagues during the month of Ramadan.

Full Story here:

2. ha ha thats funny

3. Mate. firstly the headline is entirely misleading. In no way does the docment say DO NOT eat in front of a Muslim colleague. Secondly, I doubt very much this was written by a Muslim at all, more likely some idiot Pinko who firmly believes they completely understand the Muslim culture and are doing them a favour.

The fact that this has been discredited by Muslim groups support that.

4. It's the fact that some no doubt over paid by us halfwit wrote it in the first place that gets my blood boiling and yes I agree it does nothing for racial/religious harmony.

5. It angers me too that there are a large group of people out there who think they are helping but are in fact doing more harm than good. Most of them are in the Labour Party and The Lib Dems.

6. I agree with MLP on this issue, it does sound to me like a stir-up job. I have had 2 two year contracts in Saudi since the mob. I was at Taif a large town near to Mecca, and a total of 4 years on Fire/Crash Rescue. During that time we were neither lectured nor discouraged from eating during the day time during Ramadan by any saudi,s, either of authority or local population. Naturally one used common sense and did not try to cokes a local to eat or extract the urine. So i too think this document is a mistplaced PC item or a silly joke.

7. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I was on the Parade Staff on HMS Fisguard in 63. We had a few Muslim apprentices. During 'Ramadan' they had special dispensation for their mealtimes to be at different times of the day. Was fine until one day it was noticed that they were having the normal meal times as well. I thought it hilarious.

8. I agree MLP these idiots are predominantly from those two parties. I can just picture some shiny arsed nincompoop sitting at his/her desk patting themselves on the back for dreaming up this pearl of wisdom.

granny, greedy burgers still they would have been ok for 9 o' clockers.

9. "The Islamic Network is one of a number of staff faith and equality groups within the Home Office and paid for by the taxpayer.

The booklet was distributed to staff and posted on the department’s internal intranet system but the Home Office said it was not “formal departmental guidance.â€

But the Muslim Public Affairs Committee, which claims to be fighting a ‘political jihad against Islamophobia’, attacked the document.

It said: “It is designed to create more hatred in the hearts of non-Muslims. We don’t care how much non-Muslims eat in front of us." Taken from the source document in the Telegraph.

I agree that this document has caused more problems than it was intended to solve, and if anything its main aim seemed to be to emphasise the difference between religious factions.
    I would like to know why all these religious groups are funded by the taxpayer or why the Home Office should need any groups representing any of the various faiths at all. It's a sad fact that there are already so many "unpaid" spokesmen/women of any religious or political persuasion who like to voice their own opinion and claim their opinion it also that of the vast majority. Sad fact is the media then reports it as de facto.

10. In 1970 I was at Whale Island when the Iranians were being trained on Sea cat.
    They were in H block in 2 mess, I was in 3mess. One of the old AB's nailed a pork chop to their mess door and they wouldn't go in.
    There was a right royal performance in the corridor until the duty RPO arrived. All he was interested in was the nail in the door.
    He thought ramadan, was a QA in "B" turret.

11. It's written by the same silly bar stewards who stopped our kids from singing "baa-baa black sheep" at pre-school or changed "black-boards" to "chalk-boards". It's insane - neither of these are in anyway connected to race or the colour of someone's skin. It just creates a problem (or perhaps, the cynic in me is saying, that's the idea :? )

12. Spent a few Ramadans in the Middle-East and the one thing that struck me was that the locals would always insist that I had something to eat and drink during the day. At sunset and at Eid Al-Fitr I would usually be invited to eat with them. Come to think about it christmas presents from muslims weren't unusual and they acknowledged that Jesus was a prophet [even though he has a Mexican name].

Course that's not nearly so interesting as horror stories about pork-chops and the muslim hordes :thebirdman:

RM

13. All this talk about food has made me hungry,anybody fancy a bacon butty? :twisted:

14. I have a gay Muslim friend who loves bacon sarnies. The prohibition goes back to when pigs were thought to be dirty animals.

I hope the rashers are hot with moist crispy edges and oodles of warm bacon fat! :razz:

15. The Pope would have a fit if he knew they existed!!

Here is a statement about the document in question released by the Muslim Public Affairs Comittee which pretty much sums up what I had said yesterday:

We would hereby like to express our strong opposition to a statement issued by the 'Home Office Islamic Network' (HIMN) which is designed to create more hatred in the hearts of non-Muslims and plays on the fears of those that claim that Muslims are intent on the Islamification of Europe by sneakily asking for more and more privileges until total domination.

We don't care how much non-Muslims eat in front of us. It's never been an issue and never will be and we have never asked for any special treatment or sensitivity from non-Muslims whilst fasting. Non-Muslims can eat as much as they like in front of us. Islam has never imposed any such restriction on anyone who isn't Muslim.

The HIMN should be utterly ashamed of this ill thought out if not sinister statement and should apologise for the blunder which causes more division and animosity between Muslims and non-Muslims.

We also don't need the likes of Boris (Islam is the problem) Johnson trying to earn cheap political points over the Ramadhan issue either. We think his motives need questioning. He seems to be trying to stir up strong emotions by, almost patronisingly, lecturing non-Muslims on how to be more accommodating to Muslims.

There have been a spate of such false stories circulated in the media from banning piggy banks and St Georges flags right up to stories that read to the effect of "Muslim Grinches Cancel Christmas".

False stories like these are quickly picked up by the gutter press and damage is caused in communities as more anti-Muslim sentiment and fear is whipped up. We think we need to set the record straight. We don't want the PC brigade speaking on behalf of the Muslim community. We have our own voice thank you very much.

16. Ganges and Collingrad were training Iranians when I joined up and had dispensations for Ramadam. Went a bit Pete Tong at Collingrad when they were cooking scran in their messes on portable stoves.
    A blind eye was turned to keep things sweet until they set fire to the block they were in.

As young skin greenies we were warned never to go near their accom but that was for a different reason 8O

17. That really made me smile. Much needed on a morning filled (so far) with Purple lunacy.

thingy. The Book of Leviticus has always struck me as being a sort of primitive Mrs Beeton's book of household management. Very concerned about "womens' stuff" and milldew, as I recall.

No doubt some shiny twonk got an Annual Bonus for dreaming up the reported bollox.

18. There is also the issue of David Cameron saying: "I found myself thinking that it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around"

Linky

19. I bet this is the case in the vast majority of these kind of incidents

20. MLP - Posting articles like this is outrageous. It's far too fair and balanced and shows the other side in too good a light. How are we ever going to defeat the Islamic horde if we aren't allowed to de-humanise them first?

The muslims in the Middle East and Afganistan are great targets, especially since most Brits know that they are Johny Foreigners who dress funny and believe crazy things and are automatically up to no good. Let's go get 'em!

I had a mate once who was in HMS Drake who's wife's best friend was scared by a turban wearing rag-head [or maybe an Iranium] carrying a pork chop. It's true. It was in the Daily Wail/Sun/Mirror....... yadda yadda yadda

RM