Who will you vote for at the next election?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by fly_past, Mar 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Labour

2. Conservative

0 vote(s)
  3. Liberal Democrats

0 vote(s)
  4. BNP

0 vote(s)
  5. Monster Raving Looney Party

0 vote(s)
  6. Scottish Democrats

0 vote(s)
  7. OTHER

0 vote(s)
  8. None - stay at home with a cup of tea!

0 vote(s)
  1. OK the Govt has put up taxes on "everything".

Who will you vote for when the time is chosen?

As this is a poll, you can remain in-cognito or leave a comment.

DO VOTE......
  2. Why no UKIP? They surely have be more of a contender then the Looneys and BNP FFS!
  3. You need a Not known option as well.

In all honesty I'm not clear, all three of the major parties have significant red-line issues as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm not in a position to put anything on the list at the moment.
  4. UKIP if they have a candidate standing in my area, otherwise no one.
  5. if i vote torys. but only as i think anything else would be a wasted vote and would make labour one vote closer to winning.
  6. Unashamedly Tory, the Best of a very Bad bunch. At least they kept to their promise of a referendum.

My opinion is, all politicians will screw you over, the clearest difference I can see between the Tories and Labour is that the Tories won't try and lie to you while they are screwing you over. And the Tories aren't so stupid as to borrow when the economy is good when you should be saving.

There was some sleaze under the Tories, but Blair promised whiter than white, and ended up out-sleazing a sleazy government, and they weren't just caught with their pants down like the Tories, they were robbing the public in Cash for [Insert Scandal Here] sleaze as well. Combine that with the fact that Labour is the only Government I can think of to lie to its electorate to go to war, and the fact that social mobility has fallen under Labour and there is, for me, no other choice.
  7. All of the policies on the original manifesto of the Monster Raving Looney Party have been adopted so are they realy looney or are the other parties just as daft as them????? :dwarf: :rendeer:
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Personal information, known only to me and the Ballot Box... 8O
  9. you really sure about that SPB, I mean really really sure.

big brother IS watching
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Its not you know, watch carefully what happens when you collect you ballot paper.
  11. If voting changed anything we would not be allowed to do it!
  12. I selected other as I have yet to make up my mind, but NuLabor's chances of getting my vote are very slime and the Tories are probably not much better. As I live in Broons patch I may get an interesting choice.
  13. Slip of the keyboard Maxi ? :thumright:

Where I live, they are predominately Orange - students etc, but it may be interesting to see which way it goes with the result of Clegg's faux pas at the referendum decision .....
  14. Janner Wrote: Its not you know, watch carefully what happens when you collect you ballot paper.

Care to explain your remarks. I've never voted in person so I have no idea what you're talking about.

15. Your voter number is written on the ballot paper counterfoil, so your paper can be refered back to you.
  16. 1. Do not vote for anyone who has been/is a MP (lets have a clean sweep)
    2. English voters,Do not vote for any Scottish or Welsh candidates
    3. Do not vote for any candidate from the law profession
    4. Nothern voters, Do not vote Labour because you GG Father,G Father and Father voted Labour.
    5. Study the Candidates' profiles and vote with your conscious.
    6. Stay at home and have a cup of tea voters, PLEASE get out and vote
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

As Maxi says, every paper can be referred back to the voter. I queried this several times whilst checking polling stations when I was with the Constabulary, but none of the supervising officers could explain how the vote became identifiable, or who authorised it.
  18. Well that will cut out at least half the intelligent candidates anyway, good move
  19. Why is this even legal? Surely the whole point of voting in a democracy is to be able to do so in secret, without having to divulge who you voted for.

20. I reckon we should just bypass this whole democracy lark and go straight for military rule. Because the higher echelons of the armed services cant make as big a fcuk up of things as those tw*ts from Nu Labour have. Can they?
    Bring on the Junta! :protest: