Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonight

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Who Wants to be a Millionaire Armed Forces Special is on ITV tonight at 2000.

Apparently it includes a Royal Marine and a RN PO.

2. Here's hoping Royal isn't asked any Maths related questions.
    "15 Corps history questions, please Chris".
    Good luck to one and all.

3. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

bump

4. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

Two bootnecks asking for help from the audience on the second question, doesn't bode well.

5. Chunky boys!

6. Well at least the POs did well, even if they were WAFUs :lol:
    Cant grumble at £50K between the two of them.

7. Saw the two PO`s (FAA) take £50,000 squid, what i would like to know tho` is, why have they got more medals than Sailors of World War 11 ( That`s 2 to the newbies, not World War Eleven)

8. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

No, that's World War Eleven.

Perhaps you were going for World War II?

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

SIGH,,Queens big G, Not getting caught, Blair witch conflict, Bush I & II (thats one and two), Afthound XXVI.

:thumright:

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

Have to say I thought the guys came across well- very personable and likeable, showing a good deal of humility together with humour.

With regard the gong-count Hig, it's interesting how it changes over the years. When I joined (1981) you only usually saw the LS&GC, occasionally the 1962 GSM (usually with Northern Ireland clasp, sometimes other clasps), particularly on the Booties. Once or twice you may see a 1977 Jubilee gong, but not a lot more.

Nowadays the Nato medals are fairly common, there are lots of Golden Jubilee medals and Gulf/Iraq/Afghanistan medals aplenty due to ten years or so of virtually constant armed conflict in the Middle East. With regard the awards for bravery- there's heaps of them- and rightly so.

The average WWII veteran amassed a minimum of 3 to 5 gongs over 6 years conflict, so the medal count is fairly representative of the amount of action I'd reckon.

11. Nice to see that someone can explain things in the Queens English, did any of you ********* actually finish School? FFS, Please, Please do not reply. Now if anyone can actually explain the medals that they got, that would be appreciated. Or again, has my first post been misread, which does not bother me at all by the way, surely there is someone on here that can give an honest answer.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

We did, I was just editing my rubbish spelling as you posted!

13. Ninja_Stoker

Wow, we've done it again![​IMG]

14. Thank you Ninja, we must have cross posted.

15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Did the chalk rub off and enter your nose @ school you delusional twit or are you just as thick as mince.

[email protected] answer,,(@= at).

16. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

o_O :shakefist: :blush: :blush:

17. Witsend, I applaud you, if only I had your way with words, I feel so humiliated by your command of the English Language, so humiliated in fact that I can`t shit.

18. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

If I was on that there show and asked about football/golf/politics I would be giving CT money. If asked about the sex life of the tomato I would be quids in.

The luck of the draw if the silly questions come out you have cracked it.

19. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

N S

I must take up this laughable statement that a modern sailor with 4 to 6 medals has in your words "over 6 years conflict, so the medal count is fairly representative of the amount of action". (What action). How many RN sailors, except junglies have taken any substantial incoming fire since 1982. How many RN Sailors were bombed, torpedoed or shot at whilst being transported to their area of deployment, how many spent 3/4/5 years away from home/UK.

My Father in law as a single brief example.

1st September 1939 called up as a reservist in RAMC Field Ambulance Unit. 4th Sept. 39 appointed L/Corporal. Oct 39 to Northern France. May 40 lifted out at Dunkirk. Based in Scotland home was in South London. Sept. 41 sails from River Clyde to Egypt via cape in trooping convoy. Then 8th Army North Africa and Italy. Returns to UK for Discharge as Sgt. October 45. All this time being part of a front line field ambulance unit Nurse. Total 4 medals

Do you really think even Junglies since 1982 have done more to get 6 medals.

"IMHO B******"

Nutty
    Tad Annoyed of Tunwells Bridge, Kent.

20. Re: Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Armed Forces Special-Tonig

Here's a thought; should they donate their winnings to charity? "Help for Heroes" springs to mind