Who says Scousers are stupid

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by janner, Nov 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

53,000 Scousers meet in Anfield for a 'Scousers Are Not Stupid' convention. Steven Gerrard addresses the crowd.. 'We are all here today to prove to the world that Scousers are not stupid. Can I have a volunteer please?'

Wayne Rooney gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage.

Gerrard asks him 'What is 15 plus 15?'

After 15 or 20 seconds Rooney says, ' Forty!'

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed. Then the Scousers start chanting 'Give him another chance! Give him another chance!'

Gerrard says, 'Well since we have a capacity crowd, world-wide press and global broadcast media here, I think we can give him another chance.'

So he asks, 'What is 5 plus 5?'

After nearly 30 seconds he eventually says, ' Twelve?'

Gerrard looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh.

Everyone is disheartened and Rooney starts crying.

But then the 53,000 Scousers begin to yell and wave their hands shouting, 'Give him another chance! Give him another chance!'

Gerrard, unsure whether he is now doing more harm than good eventually says, 'OK then, what is 2 plus 2?'

Silence hangs over the stadium.

Rooney closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, 'Four?'

Pandemonium breaks out throughout the stadium as the Scouse crowd stand to a man, wave their arms, stomp their feet and scream,

'Give him another chance! Give him another chance!'
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

An interesting BBC article on the subject of stupidity
  3. Now I know why I get crap write ups, I know I am great my boss thinks otherwise?
    There are things that you know you know
    There are thing you know you do not know
    And there are things you do not even know you do not now (either pure bliss or total ignorance)
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You did realise that my post was a joke, right? :whdat:
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ditto :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. This thread is swimming in virtual ironyfulness
  7. Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Goes with the old saying "If you can't identify the group idiot, then you are probably it!"
  9. Met a scouse couple on our holidays once, despite my insistance that we didnt, er indoors got chummy, the scousers invited us round when we got home and again, against my wishes we went,( I'm a Manc and er indoors doesnt understand the tribal antipathy) we are in their grot and the 'phone rings, he picks it up,listens, then says, ang on,then bangs on the wall, then he puts the phone down, turns out his outlaws live next door, and he's drilled a hole through the wall and fitted an extension in their house so they have a line each for the price of one, they may be lots of things, but stupid isnt one of them.
  10. We had a similar arrangement in our house when I was a kid, only in them thar days it was called a "party line" and was pukka arrangement with the GPO, as it was then, many houses had the legal version.

11. :headbang:You had a phone back in the dark ages WOW
  12. Yeah but if I recall correctly you had your own number it was just the line that was shared ... so it you wanted to make a call you couldn't if t'other party was using the line however if someone rang you it didn't ring in both places!
  13. Sumo..swallow me knob, MGM..you are correct :)
  14. Had better offers in the past, I’ll hang a while something better may come up, like picking up dog shit without a bag? Weekenders Yes !
    grovelling to MG what next? :lol:
  15. A scouse docker was up in court charged with cruelty to a tortoise. The judge asks "Why did you kick this harmless animal?" Scouser replies "Because it was following me all week!"