Who remembers the Ronettes?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by NotmeChief, Jun 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Remember them the first time round,is it really that long ago.

Quick look in mirror,yep it is! :thumright: :thumright:

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

3. Too young to remember them at the time, but a great track and still well sung by them now after all those years.

4. Just a couple of years before joining up. But remember both songs well, specially the Ronnettes as we would wonder around the local fair ground with the music blaring out. Great era for music, and always will be.

This was No1 when I joined up in June 1967:

PROCOL HAREM - 1967 - WHITER SHADE OF PALE

Brilliant piece of music

Regards, Chris

5. Have to agree wholeheartedly there Flaghoist - that is indeed, a great piece of music.

6. Have to agree, but then all the good music came from that era.

As for the two greats also posted, could they also sound as good when they were 64 and still sound as good as the original?

7. I remember the Two Ronnies. Any connection? :biggrin:

8. ex Mrs Spector still got it in my eyes :thumright:

9. Not bad but the voice has not held up, unlike Ms Turner who can still belt it out.

10. I remember dancing to the Ronettes song "You Came You Saw You Conquered, in a quaint little disco called the Rooftops in Guz! Oh happy days! A weekend off the ship living in Aggies and down Union Street every night! Brillsville!

Bronco

11. I don't think I agree with that. Still she is very charitable, gives all her money to surgeons by the look of it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bjqZD0bSQ

12. Yes indeed a good performance and yes apart from a selected few most bands/singers today are simply redoing the classic stuff of the '60s - unless you are into violent black afro-american sh1t (sorry, meaningful up to date music).

But I believe Mr Jagger and his mates are almost at bus pass collection time and they too are still cranking it out.

McC