Who Polices the Police?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Pitfirrane, Dec 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Retired on full pension no doubt and that will be a tidy sum I'll warrant. :evil:

2. However, these events take their toll on you personally and I feel now is the right time for me to step aside

BIG GIRLS BLOUSE

3. It's almost unwritten standard procedure, been going on ever since the first plod hit the beat. Nice work if you can get it (bulletproof) or do you think he would like another shot at the job.

4. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7128548.stm

The former chair of roads policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) has been been banned from driving for speeding at 90mph.

Chief Constable of South Yorkshire! Whats the odds that he doesn't resign?

5. Just goes to show that those that enforce the rules either think themselves above them, or don't believe in them in the first place.
    I wonder what 'ordinairy' citizens caught in the same situation have had as a penalty.
    Or, more likely that the mass of regulation now confuses everyone, whether they be police, politician or an ordinairy member of the public.

6. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7128548.stm

Senior Police officer gets off with a paltry £350 fine and a 42 day driving licence suspenion for driving at 90mph in a 60 zone?

Would have thought as he was i/c Roads policing it would have been a far harsher fine (considering the amount of salary he must be on) and a far longer suspension (and NO points awarded perhaps??) - but then, he's not a member of the public is he?

Don't we get penalised a lot more for doing far less than 30 over the limit

:scratch:

7. I hope he is busily trying to extract his foot from his mouth as we chat!

8. The police were historically policed by the DPP until the 1950s, when the police got chummy with one of the office holders with a penchant for drink and that role was eroded. Today we basically have the Home Secretary and the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

9. Wouldn't it be nice, IF.......

instead of resigning, making excuses, etc, etc, ............ if this policeman just said: "Sorry, I was wrong about speed cameras, they don't catch persistent criminals, just ordinary motorists, who, like me make an honest mistake".

Fat chance !

10. Perhaps we ought to get the Yanks to do it .. they poke their nose into everything else as the "World Police"

11. What? Get them to try out this kidnapping threat?!

12. That sounds like a a fairy tale about taking responsibility. Sounds great on paper, but never materialises.

13. The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) Police the Police and believe me, they will do anything to get cops out of the job or in court.

As for HAYMAN, if the report is correct, he wont be retiring on full pension immediately - the Police Pension Regulations do not allow for that - the report indicates that he joined in 1978 (29 years ago) and he is currently 48. If he retires before 30 years service he has to wait until he is 55 to get his pension so he will be at a great loss financially if he goes before 30 years. He has also paid 11% of his salary every month every year he has been a cop,he therefore deserves to get his pension - if he had invested in a private pension they couldn't touch that if he were subject to, or suspected of, wrong doing so why should they touch his police pension?

It really pisses me off when everyone thinks Old Bill shouldn't get the pension they pay heavily for every month - it is not like the MOD Police who do not have to pay pension contributions, there I would agree they shouldn't get anything they haven't paid for.

As for Merydydd Hughes speeding, tough shit matey - you knew the rules, you broke em - take what you deserve. I agree with MCC Fairy - he headed up ACPO Traffic and I believe he should publically apologise and accept that he has brought his office and the service into disrepute.

14. So,the Police ARE human after all.

There but for the grace of God go I.

15. It is no surprise that the vast majority of the population have little or no respect for the police.

He will have more time to attend lodge meetings now?