Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who makes the Engineering task books?

Hi All,

Does anybody know which department produces the training Task Books? I believe that they may be at HMS Sultan but can't seem to find any more information on them.

Thanks,

Ricky

D

Deleted 493

All task books are being modified anyway by Training Design in Sultan to account for the upcoming Programme Faraday development.

Why do you ask?

Levers

I run a small product development company and I'm looking for RN personnel who have had experience in writing the task books for a project that we are currently working on.

Do you happen to know anyone?

barny006

War Hero
Where and when, ex CCMEA(M) worked on stretched type 42 engineering guide and teaching various courses and improvements to them at Sultan.

Hi Barny,

Let me know your email address and I'll send you the details of the project.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ricky Bartlett
Peddle Concepts Ltd

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger
Under Faraday the ME and WE branches have replaced task books with career development journals whereby the individual displays their competence using competence record sheets against a competency framework appropriate to their rate. Quite different to task books and, I believe, common to how things are done in the civilian world

Career development journals are good but only for those who want to develop their careers. If you're looking to educate engineers about the systems they work on then I feel task books more than serve their purpose. Be interested to hear your views though.

slim

War Hero
I wrote the Fleet Air Arm Hanger Pilots notes for use by general service ratings embarked in Aircraft Carriers.
Invaluable for impressing your Grippo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Disclosure and Barring Service makes senior appointments MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Liam Fox makes SMEs his priority as WTO contest continues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Aurrigo makes breakthrough in driverless pods technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS StubHub makes changes to its UK site to address CMA concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highway’s England makes £114 million pledge to improve roads in East of England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR makes second donation of personal protective equipment to fight COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield scientist makes global top 20 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State makes new regulations on Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Time-saving road marking robot makes it a happy new year for drivers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RPA makes full payments to thousands of rural businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe makes first official visit to Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How the Council for Science and Technology makes a difference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £1 billion investment makes UK a frontrunner in quantum technologies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Former BHS warehouse makes way for new HS2 station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: High Street Perfect Day makes debut MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: SECRETARY OF STATE FOR NORTHERN IRELAND MAKES THREE NEW APPOINTMENTS TO THE NORTHERN IRELAND LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICERS’ SUPERANNUATION MoD News 0
S Is HMS Raleigh like the Channel 4 programme makes it out to be? Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: West Cumbria makes shortlist in bid to help expand Heathrow Airport MoD News 0
vauxhall FPS Chief Executive makes February Pathfinder 's Most Influential List Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Africa Minister makes two-country trip to Southern Africa to deepen partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity regulator makes robust use of new enforcement powers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government makes women’s mental health a top priority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid makes largest ever investment to help end FGM worldwide by 2030 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 100 year old retired scientist makes an emotional return to Porton Down MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Press release: HMS Queen Elizabeth makes debut in Portsmouth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister makes reassurance visit to RAF Marham MoD News 0
Pea_in_a_blasted_drum What makes a good submarine officer? Submariners 21
Stirlin HMS York makes final journey. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: UK makes counter explosives training offer to Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: What makes a Royal Marine Reservist? MoD News 0
P Kenny the Mong Tiger makes a comeback Diamond Lil's 17
slim What makes a good site---------Discuss Diamond Lil's 18
soleil Herald: Plymouth 'Makes Strong Case' To Be Home Of Future Frigates" Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil Bucks Examiner: "Navy Helicopter Makes Surprise Landing" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil S. Daily Record: "Royal Navy Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing In North Ayrshire" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil RN Website: "Mekan Makes All The Difference For A Cornish School" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil Record: "Video: Falklands Veteran David Cruickshanks Makes Return To Battle Scene" History 8
soleil Daily Record: "Gary Barlow Makes Secret Visit To See Our Troops In Afghanistan" Bases / Shore Est 21
Dredd That makes a change Current Affairs 1
soleil Pompey News: "Distinctive Design Makes Destroyers The Perfect Model" The Fleet 7
BillyNoMates TV re-makes for te big sreen. Diamond Lil's 3
WreckerL China flexing it's muscles makes a boo boo Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Royal Marine makes judo squad for London 2012 Current Affairs 2
soleil Herald: "The Moor That Makes Or Breaks" The Corps 0
soleil Mail: "RN Warship 'Makes The Sea Boil' After Destroying Live Mine Off Sardinia" The Fleet 5
MoD_RSS HMS Daring makes first port visit to Saudi Arabia Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS HMS Westminster makes huge drugs haul Current Affairs 0
soleil Mail: "Baseball Caps & Zip-Up Boots As Royal Navy Makes 'Daring Fashion Statement'" The Fleet 62
F106 makes me happy Diamond Lil's 0