Who is to blame for the way Brexit has been Handled?

slim

War Hero
For three years or so now we have been trying to leave the EU
Progress has been painfully slow, or even non existant.
So who should carry the can for this atrocity?
1. Cameron for giving us the referendum?
2. Mrs May for her extremelly weak handling of negotiations?
3. Boris for taking charge?
4. The MPs for not accepting a democratic decision made by the electorate?
5 The EU for attempting to keep the UK in the union by any means?

Edited to add
6 Someone else?

Last edited:

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
6. None of the above.
Gina Millar, who forced everything through the courts way back after the referendum result was published, thereby removing the power of the executive to negotiate with the EU with any authority.

She, by the way, was not elected by anyone, but still insists she is a democrat.
Close thread.

rebbonk

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
For the disgraceful way it has been handled, that ball has to lie firmly at the feet of Theresa 'I've never actually done anything in my life' May.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I'd say Cameron for starting all this bollix in the first place and then running away, May a close second for the subsequent balls up and surrounding herself with incompetent buffoons although looking at the pool she had to draw from I don't know who else could have done anything better.

Sumo

War Hero
Cameron for totally miss Reading the way the country was at unrest. All MPs to some extent, even though May didn't seem to involve many for a long time, that may have also been due to the gene pool she had to help.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
It's your fault. And you. And you over there And yes you! I can see you hiding in the corner. And you as well. Not forgetting you who rocked up pissed to the polling station after a dinner time sesh. AND you three giggling like petulant children who voted "just for a laugh". And you the grizzly, miserable old bloke who still hates the Germans for bombing your allotment.
Come October 31st, can we go back to feet and inches?
I know! Let's have a ******* Referendum about it eh?

tweet_3559201b.jpg

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
It's your fault. And you. And you over there And yes you! I can see you hiding in the corner. And you as well. Not forgetting you who rocked up pissed to the polling station after a dinner time sesh. AND you three giggling like petulant children who voted "just for a laugh". And you the grizzly, miserable old bloke who still hates the Germans for bombing your allotment.
Come October 31st, can we go back to feet and inches?
I know! Let's have a ******* Referendum about it eh?
That's wot I said the MPs.

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
Our membership of the EU should of been put to the vote at least once a decade since the 1970's

Why shouldn't the public have a say on our membership of any union ?

My own feelings are membership of any club should be reviewed regularly and if it's not fit for purpose anymore then look or go elsewhere

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's down to May in my opinion, She was a Remainer and did everything she could to stop us leaving, why else would you start negotiations by telling the other side everything not leaving room for manoeuvre.
The woman is a disaster in my opinion, largely responsible for the rise in knife related crime by cutting stop and search powers and heavily reducing Police numbers during her time at the Home Office.

fishhead

War Hero
I don't think the fault lies with any person in particular. I do think that our elective representatives have misjudged the mood and ignored the electorate constantly since the referendum. They have conspired to thwart the result even after they had passed Article 50 into law. They have introduced pre-conditions which were never required to satisfy the result of the referendum to the point where it would nullify and point of leaving thereby giving the EU the upper hand in negotiations.
In short I lay the blame with the members of the House of Commons.

Sumo

War Hero
I don't think the fault lies with any person in particular. I do think that our elective representatives have misjudged the mood and ignored the electorate constantly since the referendum. They have conspired to thwart the result even after they had passed Article 50 into law. They have introduced pre-conditions which were never required to satisfy the result of the referendum to the point where it would nullify and point of leaving thereby giving the EU the upper hand in negotiations.
In short I lay the blame with the members of the House of Commons.
We all appear to be agreeing, I take it non of us are MPs?

D

Deleted 493

Our membership of the EU should of been put to the vote at least once a decade since the 1970's

Why shouldn't the public have a say on our membership of any union ?

My own feelings are membership of any club should be reviewed regularly and if it's not fit for purpose anymore then look or go elsewhere
Why was it not 'fit for purpose'?

Before you come back at me with 'unelected grandees' and 'democracy' and other such unattributable and provenly wrong, what are it's basic outline terms and requirements, what didn't it do, what did you expect it to do and how much has it cost you because of this?

*popcorn*

levers

D

Deleted 493

Here's the rap:

1. Cameron. The outline of the referendum should have been to change the status quo, it needed at least fifteen percent majority. He also went to the EU on a fool's errand with a shower of wants and needs which were stupidly ambitious, and bound to lead to him being sent packing.
2. Conservative Europhiles. Bunch of near-sighted chancers, xenophobes and *********, many of whom have vested interests in Brexit-friendly ventures and lobby groups.
3. The Conservatives. For not being strong enough as a party to reject ***** like Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Fox and consign them to the trash heap of political life.
4. Remainers. Complacent, arrogant, self-serving *******, who collectively believed the vote wouldn't be quite so ******* disastrous, sweetie. Guess what?
5. The Labour Party. For basically waving a jupiter sized turd like Farage into the front row, thanks to the clip-board-carrying, cardigan-wearing rump of ******* who are now their membership. They have had zero effect on Brexit from start to finish.
6. Brexiters. For mostly voting with their dicks. Disliking foreigners is not a real reason to vote to leave an economic group, and don't try to disguise your intent, either. There is not one ******* valid reason I have heard from any of you chimps which makes me think, 'good point', and now you all sit holding your manhoods cheap whilst we dive, tails on fire, into a no deal solution. None of you have given the nation anything valid, reasoned and rational which looks like a roadmap to success, and now you're blaming politicians for the outcome of your reactionary xenophobia.

Note: I don't blame:

1. Theresa May. She's ******* useless anyway, and had a shit set of objectives with an even shitter set of means by which to achieve them.
2. Farage. He only did what he did because everyone else allowed him to do it.

levers

Ballistic

War Hero
I blame the almost 30% of the electorate who, presumably, were happy with the way things were and so didn't bother to vote, allowing those who wanted change to achieve a tiny majority, precipitating the present poltical shit-storm.

D

Deleted 493

I blame the almost 30% of the electorate who, presumably, were happy with the way things were and so didn't bother to vote, allowing those who wanted change to achieve a tiny majority, precipitating the present poltical shit-storm.
Yes, them too. Especially those lazy, complacent fuckrs who woke up the next morning to the shock of all shocks.

Not much of a shock, actually.

levers

huwshpis

War Hero
Well, you can't blame me. I didn't vote because I had a pierhead jump to NI the day before the poll and I was registered to vote in London.

Latest Threads