Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here carries a weapon in their car?

Nails

Banned
Serious question. Who carries a makeshift weapon in their motor? I do. Just incase I get into a road rage feud and it gets vioelnt, I wanna be tooled if you get me.

I used to carry a hammer in my glove box but it was obvious what it was for if I got pulled. Now I carry a baseball bat with nails through it and a baseball just so that if I'm pulled I can say I'm going for a game of baseball. I remember when this old bloke was trying to reverse out of this space on asda car park and couldn't see because he was old and useless, he nearly hit my car so I got out and smashed his windows with the bat.

What weapon do you have in your car? And have you ever used it?

R077

MIA
I actually carry a M40A1 (just about a M40A1- I modified the magazine for capacity from an existing custom R700) with a spot-welded red dot on the irons and the barrel cut down by 7 inches. The barrel's been grooved for sport as per the 'bullpup' [sic] style of the shorter R700 to off-set the stability/accuracy of cutting the barrel for making it compact. My mate (who's also a Ninja by trade) will frequently rise out of the sun roof with it when we go hunting in Codger country :wink:

jesse

War Hero
Seriously;- I do but I use my brain nothing that cannot be explained away as a bona fide item. I'm a strong believer in the old saying "Sooner judged by twelve than carried by six;- anytime!" First time I've ever bitten to a Nails poat.

WhizzbangDai

War Hero
I hide an NLAW under the boot floor - I feel it necessary, that if someone has taken issue with my driving, I merely send them an 84mm pointy headed explosive messenger of death to put my point across.

dunkers

War Hero
You can't go wrong with a GPMG. Cheap and effective; ideal for those who do not do things by half measures.

babystew

Lantern Swinger
of course we all play baseball with a bat with nails through it. the filth will never suspect otherwise.
(I used to carry a hammer in my glove box but it was obvious what it was for if I got pulled. Now I carry a baseball bat with nails through it and a baseball just so that if I'm pulled I can say I'm going for a game of baseball.)
what a ********.

Rumrat

War Hero
When I go out I am never on my own so do not need weapons.

Sammy my friend protects me and he would be almost impossible for anyone to better, or beat.
You see Sammy is invisible and no one can hurt him as they cannot see him. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O :D

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
jesse said:
Seriously;- I do but I use my brain nothing that cannot be explained away as a bona fide item. I'm a strong believer in the old saying "Sooner judged by twelve than carried by six;- anytime!" First time I've ever bitten to a Nails poat.

Ditto! :lol:
With all the psycos (and Nails!) on the roads these days, as an ex Boy Scout, 'Be Prepared?!!

I have a can of de-icer - it fires a strong, single jet of very stingy liquid and could be aimed at the eyes, if so needed. There is also a can of CS gas in the car, perfectly easy to buy in France where it is legal. Sadly I'm not in France, but hey ho!
There are plenty of innocent items that could be utilised, as long as you have thought about it beforehand. No good looking round and thinking about it when the poo has been distributed by the fan!

Do not go carrying a blade in thecar without a VERY good reason, as all Plods will be less than impressed if they find that!

seafarer1939

War Hero
Anyone looking at the wife generally gets the message,seriously though,I carry a knife because I want to be able to cut the seat belt in a fire or crash.
It's legal as it came as a car tool from Halfords.
Blade is about 3" so it must be OK to keep in the car,at least I hope so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
superpom Here we go lads...laddettes? The Quarterdeck 114
MoD_RSS Getting back behind the wheel? Here’s some useful advice MoD News 0
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS We will robustly defend human rights here at the UN and beyond MoD News 1
LeedsBornLeedsBred Passed out 5 week ago, here to answer any questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS Here we go! Football fans urged to remember basic rules of road MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Cash here to stay as government commits to protecting access MoD News 0
Lily jade Newbie Here The Corps 13
J Any MAs on here? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
L New here ;) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
LateToTheParty HMS Conqueror - Did anyone on here serve on her? Submariners 8
N Any Accelerated Apprenticeship Scheme: Marine Engineers here? Joining the Royal Navy 31
Simon - Quest Magazine Want to keep flying? Here’s how … The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Crinkley Stuff No Who does What Here Finance & Pensions 1
NateDogg Any serving Aircraft handlers on here? or anyone applying? Joining the Royal Navy 49
SquidlyDiddly Any SE Officers or Cadets here? RFA 0
BillyNoMates "Everything to see here" History 0
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Complete Newbie here, I've got a question to ask, and asking for some tips for the RN interview. The Quarterdeck 2
G Collingwood here i come RFA 10
S Anyone on here a part of the recruitment team? Submariners 14
drewfester Here we go again! Another new uniform Current Affairs 141
A I'm back from my PRNC - Here's a few tips for anyone yet to do it! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
D Anyone here a SG 1/2 RFA 5
Ninja_Stoker The "your name here" thread Diamond Lil's 205
Jockanese Mine Warfare (I know, it's already on here but...) The Fleet 5
ToonPatriot Any Aircraft controllers here? The Fleet Air Arm 6
C Is anyone here a marine engineering technician? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
5oclockhero Any current or ex-RFA personnel on here? RFA 6
soleil Waikato Times: "Happy 21st, Here's The Keys To An Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 3
T The Greatest Military / Pub Duvet Jacket known to man - Kosa 3 Mk II is here Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
T Does this go here? NAVAL OFFICERS HONOURED FOR ROLE IN SOMALIA MoD News 0
MaiBelle Off to Ghana...cause it's not hot enough here! Travel & The Great Outdoors 34
fails_as_is Duty watch really turned to under the glory shower here... The Gash Barge 2
Repulse New chap here... History 19
F Anybody here seen Peppa ? The Gash Barge 52
2 anyone here into athletics? Sports and Adventure Training 8
B What is wrong with some of the see you next tuesdays on here? The Gash Barge 40
finknottle Syria, Here We Go Again! Current Affairs 50
Good CO Software upgrade done this morning - any errors here please / Blog removed Site Issues 39
finknottle Our spineless government could learn a thing or two here. Current Affairs 36
SONAR-BENDER Roll up! Roll up! Get yer F30 gizzit here! Diamond Lil's 2
MG Maniac Here we go again???? Current Affairs 12
M Hi all, MA in waiting here, first post! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
Muppet89 Newbie here! (sort of!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
J Hey! Im new here :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
BillyNoMates Newbies can check in here. The Corps 0
SerkJ Newbie Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
trelawney126 Cutbacks here and Loans to the IMF Current Affairs 18
BSBRN82 From fail to pass, amazing WS SM here I come Miscellaneous 13