Who do you think you are? Greg Wallace.

Discussion in 'History' started by tommo, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last night was the tv showing of Greg Wallace (masterchef fame, etc) turn for his family.

Such as sad story of his great grandfather, a 22 year stoker who served on the Q ships during WW1

Worth a watch on BBC iplayer

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Methinks you're getting a tad too sympathetic Tommo, wasn't that bad he at least would have got Hard Layers! Times were tough
  3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

He didn't need a documentary to tell him who he is, I could have done that. He's a cnut!
  4. True however I missed an opportunity when he walked past my ship and getting in the shot.

Back to his Great Grandfather. I still think despite times being hard, he was an unlucky stoker

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Stokers are by their very nature " unlucky". If there's going to be someone getting a green rub you can bet your arse it's a Stoker or stoker aligned branch. Just ask Wrecker!
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. Did they get green rum ?
  7. tiddlyoggy

Yes, but as we marine engineers are used to such hardships we carry our crosses with dignity and don't drip about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. If his antecedents had been around to day it would have been on Jeremy Kyle.
  9. Glad to hear you know your place, when more speed required, front end/bridge requests and you push harder if we want to stop fast you apply astern revs as a brake, so we can call you Accelerator, Brake and Clutch with gears it’s your chosen lot so don't complain that's what you are there to do..
  10. Dint watch the show but I bet if Gregs Great granpappy had seen him blubbing he'd have got a slap and told to stfu.
  11. If you "dint" (sic) watch the show how do you know he blubbed? You DID watch the show and you are a closet box goggler who has been outed. Take the shame and own up.
  12. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Meanwhile, if you want to read up on Q-ships:
    ‘My Mystery Ships’ Rear Admiral Gordon Campbell VC DSO
    ‘Smoke and Mirrors’ Deborah Lake
  13. tiddlyoggy

Errrr, did I not say, "we don't drip"??
  14. Saw a trailer for the show, Greg in floods, at first I thought he'd found a familly connection to Rummers " families dont come rougher than this"