Who do I hassle for a PULHHEEMS?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Uncle_Albert, Jul 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm in need of a PULHHEEMS. I understand I will get it via an AFCO; can anyone tell me who to phone to arrange this?

    If it's sensitive, please answer by PM. Ta.
  2. If you were to phone me in my AFCO I would tell you to do one until you came back with some manners!!!

    Our reservist meds mostly come through the MA down at Vivid.
  3. Okey dokey; "I'm in need of a PULHHEEMS. I understand I will get it via an AFCO; can anyone tell me who to phone to arrange this, PLEASE?" :wink:

    MA at Vivid. Ta muchly.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    Check with unit admin first.

    AFCO contact details in link below (in signature strip)

    Mon - Fri 09:00 to 16:30. you need to take your med docs with you.
  5. I'll have a go
  6. Go through your UPO, and they'll tell you to talk to the CPO(MA) at Vivid who will arrange it for you through whatever AFCO is local to you, unless your own Unit has an agreement with a local Dr.
  7. Technically, you're not meant to hold your own med docs. Once you've got an appointment sorted, the sickbay where you're having your medical should request them from the Regional Medical Coordinator, who will dispatch them.

    I am aware that it doesn't always work like this, and it might be worth letting the RMC know when/where the medical is due to take place.

  8. Jo-Jo - UA needs a PULHEEM, not one of your Pull-Throughs with a Christmas Tree :wink: !
  9. Not in the RNR. We use civvy docs, not service.. therefore, we get our docs given to us, and we take them there with us for the civvy to complete.
  10. AFAIK that's incorrect. Even though your PULHHEEMS may be done by a civilian, it will be done under the auspices of the Service, and therefore the regulations for handling your medical docs will apply.

    I reiterate that the docs should be sent directly to the person/establishment doing the medical by Special Delivery & returned in the same manner. Our local RMC is clear that QRRN say you should not be handling your own FMed4.


Share This Page