Who cares enough to attend lonely ex-Bootie's funeral?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Naval_Gazer, Feb 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let's be having you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It would be nice to see one of the Commando units offer a military funeral.
  3. Be nice if someone could find out about his service in the RM, before Thursday, and say something about it at the service
  4. There's a few on the ROMFT site going.
  5. Hope he gets a good send off and if there is a turn out I wouldnt be surprised if it made the press again, maybe some details of his life and times too
  6. :( i would have gone for a cuppa and some cake while he was still with us, seems a shame that only in parting is it acknowledged he was lonely! Im going to try and make it down, i know this has been circulating a lot in pompey and some serving are aware
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Quite right and censored by me.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  8. JANNER ! Wrong time, wrong place
  9. Lets hope he gets a good send off shame he faces lonely burial not nice
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah, i had a witty reply but felt it an innapropriate thread to post it on
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  11. Having just read pompey news online this morning, it looks like Jimmy is going to get a good turn out, with serving and ex serving members attending R.I.P Jimmy
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Excellent!!, got a bit of dust in my eye at the moment!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bit dusty here too, well done to the Booties and all who attended
  14. wal

wal Badgeman

The smoke is irritating my eyes here also.
  15. It's nice to see that the extended family came through BZ
  16. Good to see, however there are RMA branches across the country, including a National branch. there is no reason to be a "lonely ex-Bootie" (even a former one) unless you wish to be. RMA members will turn out for all members funerals, booted, suited and normally with a few words about the departed.

That said it all ended well. BZ to all who turned out.
  17. Excellent. BZ to all. RIP in peace Jimmy.
  18. RIP Royal and am so proud of the folk who attended to say farewell to a fellow serviceman.