Who administers the security check form/

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by fishflakes, Sep 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I enquired at my local AFCO about when I would receive the link to start the security check process, my OCLO had no idea what I was talking about, and was insistent that I'd already passed the security vetting. I think he may have been thinking about the security declaration made during the application process, as I haven't yet done my AIB.

As I would like to go to BRNC in November, I'm quite keen to get the security check going as soon as possible after my AIB (if I pass), so I'm cleared by then.

So my question is- who organises and sends me the link to the security check form? Is it the AFCO, or is it the AIB? If it's the AFCO I'm worried that I won't make it in time if my OCLO has no idea what the security form is.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Your OCLC initiates your SC, usually after you pass AIB.
  3. Thanks- a little bit worrying as he seemed to have no knowledge of the system, I even asked "when do you send the online link" and he thought is was paper based and had already been done.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Fear not, your ACLO maybe unfamiliar with the system as he/she leaves that bit to the OCLC.
  5. Ah, sorry, misread the abbreviation, thanks!
  6. Ninja_Stoker

It is rather confusing, to be fair.

AFCO = Tri Service Armed Forces Careers Office
    ACIO = Army Careers Information Office, sometimes co located with RN or RAF staff
    CIO = Careers Information Office, Usually RN, RAF or both.
    OCLC = Officer Careers Liason Centre, a regional Officer selection admin office, usually within an AFCO.
    ACLO= Area Careers Liason Officer, the Commissioned Officer that conducts the Sift.
    CA = Careers Adviser, an RN/RM SNCO who processes Officers as far as Sift and Ratings as far as entry.