Who administers the security check form/

Hi,

I enquired at my local AFCO about when I would receive the link to start the security check process, my OCLO had no idea what I was talking about, and was insistent that I'd already passed the security vetting. I think he may have been thinking about the security declaration made during the application process, as I haven't yet done my AIB.

As I would like to go to BRNC in November, I'm quite keen to get the security check going as soon as possible after my AIB (if I pass), so I'm cleared by then.

So my question is- who organises and sends me the link to the security check form? Is it the AFCO, or is it the AIB? If it's the AFCO I'm worried that I won't make it in time if my OCLO has no idea what the security form is.

Thanks!

Thanks- a little bit worrying as he seemed to have no knowledge of the system, I even asked "when do you send the online link" and he thought is was paper based and had already been done.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It is rather confusing, to be fair.

AFCO = Tri Service Armed Forces Careers Office
ACIO = Army Careers Information Office, sometimes co located with RN or RAF staff
CIO = Careers Information Office, Usually RN, RAF or both.
OCLC = Officer Careers Liason Centre, a regional Officer selection admin office, usually within an AFCO.
ACLO= Area Careers Liason Officer, the Commissioned Officer that conducts the Sift.
CA = Careers Adviser, an RN/RM SNCO who processes Officers as far as Sift and Ratings as far as entry.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Land Ops 0
C The Corps 14
PartTimePongo Current Affairs 0