White indelible marker / laundry pens

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Phildo, May 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With under two weeks remaining until my Part One training at Raleigh, I have no trouble with regards to kit and supplies except for white laundry marker pens. Does anyone have any ideas where I can purchase a couple as the shops and websites I have browsed have not helped?

Cheers for any help.
  2. Try your Divisional Staff they should issue them.
  3. Dont they still do that wooden stamp with your name on it and a tin of black / white paint???
  4. I was issued the wooden stamps too. Absolute bugger to clean all the paint off of them. Still got them somewhere.
  5. they do hand out a couple at raleigh but they go missing pretty quick,
    maybe craft shops?
  6. That's what I was thinking. If Phildo sends me an SAE, I'll send him my old one thats in the loft somewhere :rendeer:

geoff(ers) :nemo:
  7. My Dad was issued the stamps too. He offered to give me them when i started at BRNC...i did try and explain that times had moved on a bit!
  8. I leave for Raleigh on Sunday and Im sure Ive got the wrong type of ehite marker. Got it from WHS Smith Marker Pen section but Im pretty sure its like a correction pen, says it uses a kind of chalk substance. Ill have to get it out the packet and take a look tonight I guess. :threaten:
  9. dont worry mate we ended up using tippex or anything else white.
    the pens dry up really quickly too when you have 30 lads marking up 3/4 pairs of socks each and the pussers thick blacks are a nightmare to mark anyway
  10. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Go to Tesco. You'll find them there. :roll:
  11. I only joined up in 1996 and am still in the Andrew!! You make me feel old!!!
  12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don' worry about the pen, its the suitcase size and hair gel that will find you out. :afro:
  13. Talking of name blocks - Ganges in 1970 (19 recruitment) issued with said name block - stamped most of my kit, then realised I had a middle inititial on the block that I didn't really have. Spent the next 15 years making up different middle names, depending on who I was talking to. As an aside, one guy put his name in black ink across the top of his cap (not kidding)
  14. bad drills :afro:
  15. Was thinking comb over and 3 piece Leapord print Case set with matching Man-Bag.... discuss?
  16. you will fit in just fine :thumright:
  17. I think you should go for a matching leopard skin pill box hat a'la Mobutu...

(how ever will you be able to write an order for the use/transport of say... Leopard Tanks if you can't spell leopard?)
  18. i don't know .... those leapord tanks are also pretty robust :farao: