Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Which pieces of kit do i need onboard?

You may also find one of these useful Nicholson...

6c_1.JPG

Whilst one of these is essential...

63_1.JPG

One of these is desirable (when not monosocking)...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROYAL-NAVY-SI...ryZ66533QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And sewing one of these onto your uniform on leave will bring a tear to your dad's eye... and allow you to order him about his own home :lol:

a0_1.JPG

Bloody hell steve,havent seen one of those badges since i took mine off after my Part 3 training in Haslar!
(or ws it in leaving Raleigh,cant remember)

a0_1.JPG

andym said:
Bloody hell steve,havent seen one of those badges since i took mine off after my Part 3 training in Haslar!

a0_1.JPG
Psst, what the fcuk is it Andy? :? ie Whats a PO Junior shipmate?

Nicholson said:
Hi, im packin today to get ready for joining my ship (Exeter) and was wondering if i need all my kit onboard? Obvoisuly u need ur overalls, DMS, Shoes, 1's + tropics, 4's and 3's,. But do u really need ur PT kit and HLCB etc...

If you go out the Fez you will need your tropical burbs, that's the white one matey. :wink:

Dabs said:
andym said:

a0_1.JPG
Psst, what the fcuk is it Andy? :? ie Whats a PO Junior shipmate?

A 'PO Junior' was the senior of the Class leaders when I was at Shotley in the 60s.
The next rate down was a hook and badge and I think they were 'Leading Juniors' - the next one up was a Junior Instructor (Crown Hook and badge) - one of the little Nazis who terrorised us in the Annex !!

'First Class Juniors' wore a star, and the lowest of the low a 'Second Class Junior' wore nothing on the sleeve.

I could be mistaken... I'm sure someone will be more knowledgeable (maybe a former badge junior?) on this.

:)

Latest Threads