Which is the best laugh

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Graeme, Jul 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've read most things on the differences between the Surface Fleet and Submarines, but one less serious question i wanted to ask the guys who have been on both is: Which did you have the best laugh on - Ships or Subs?
  2. Depends on the people you're with, no difference on either although boats tend to be less formal.
  3. My only sea time was in boats, so draw your own conclusions.
  4. Erm, can only be that you don't know the answer as you can't compare the two?

I think the best laugh is the one that really hurts and almost makes you feel sick like I did when I went to see Rhod Gilbert.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. You're in Faslane, you're on a Bomber, you have signed on for 24 years, coulport is your second best run ashore, oh how I laughed!
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  6. On the trail 'up north', due back in Guzz on December 21st...... and now it is December 22nd.

My how we laughed.

Made it back before the shops closed on the 24th - me? Duty on Chrissy Day! And I DID laugh, one of the bestest ever Christmases I have had!
  7. Fuckin hell if I'd a known duty Crimbos did it for ya, fuck I would have sacrificed all mine to you, I've never been selfish.;-)
  8. It also depends on your own sense of humour.Even if the skipper is Rhod Gilbert and the jimmy Michael Macintyre you are not going to laugh much if your glass is always half empty and you're a miserable scroat.
  9. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't think you can apply that statement to small ships to be honest.
    I would agree that mostly it depends on who you serve with; messmates as well as officers. A bad set of either can ruin a draft.
    The only thing I'll add in favour of the surface fleet is that if you want to see more of the world then it has to be skimmers.
  10. Yes, but surely you'd only laugh more if you went to funny countries.

Like Romania.
  11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

A very amusing country indeed; lots of tramps, who are always funny.

12. Neither, far too nautical and grown up!!!!