Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Which armed force are you serving/served in?

ex Royal Marines...Corps of Drums and Bugler on a few ships.... now social worker... working in Child protection..... only relaise now how good life was in those halcyon days saling the worlds oceans.... and drinking the local brews .... and meeting the local women.. and ...... then dementia sets in!!!

RN final year. Just finished my last ever duty, and it was just as shite as my first, but marginally more pointless. Worked sea/shore/green/light blue - in fact, anything to get away from source branch!

Ex RN. Joined 1964, left 1998. 32 of those 34 years spent in the Submarine Service.

Is it possible to have one of those request forms. I need a night out with the lads next week.!!!!!!

Twelve glorious years in t'infantry, and yes I really did enjoy running up and down those welsh hills. had a good laugh with the boys in blue in 82. B'stards took me on a cruise then left me on a wet and windy island somewhere in the south atlantic. I met some strangers there and they had guns n stuff, I still laugh and laugh and laugh when I remember to. Hey nice site, will be better when you (WE) get a cozy little chat room. Meanwhile it's back to the ARRSE chat for me. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. :lol:

27 years in a blue suit, HMS Antrim, Arrow and several others in 21 squadron, Beaver, Galahad and Argus.

Naval Hospitals Stonehouse, M'Tarfa and briefly Haslar.

Devonport Field Gun Crew/Staff 1984-85

Ex-TA many moons ago hence membership on ARRSE. Enjoyed my time in immensely & would recommend to all and sundry - unfortunately in my case the job & missus eventually had to come first.

Only linkage with the RN is the brother-in-law who has amused me over the years with his tales as a young lad in Gibraltar et al. - something about the "dance of the flaming *********"? Perhaps someone can elaborate further :D

lancslad

13 Years as an RAF Aircraft technician left in 1989 and worked in the civil aviation sector since then still live very close to Leuchars.

duckrundrummer said:
ex Royal Marines...Corps of Drums and Bugler on a few ships.... now social worker... working in Child protection..... only relaise now how good life was in those halcyon days saling the worlds oceans.... and drinking the local brews .... and meeting the local women.. and ...... then dementia sets in!!!

As it always was eh Dan!! :lol:

Latest Threads