which a/c is best

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Higin2527, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I`m currently training as an AET, and have come to the point of deciding which a/c to work on.
    But i`m not sure what one to pick. Heard so many people say that the Merlin is crud. which was what i initially wanted to do, mainly because of culdrose.

Anyone help?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Blummin' heck! I've alreday answered this!

3. yeah but was told to ask these guys instead, as they know the a/c more....?

4. Blimey Ninj, are you a woo on the quiet? Hoping to escape Sultan in a different branch..? :lol:

5. Listen to me now you gotta go junglie it's your only chance of staying true to the WAFU way the rest have sold out by going R.A.F. or smalll ship please don't do it... only kidding do what you feel best doing!!!!

6. Why not try and organize a couple of days at CU to weigh-up the Merlin world?

7. Which aircraft is best? The Buccaneer. :lol:

8. Go Merlin, Culdrose is great in the summer months. Loads of totty on them beaches. Lynx is far to small!!

9. Go Merlin, Culdrose is great in the summer months. Loads of totty on them beaches. Lynx is far to small!!

10. Was thinking bout doing that with some of my mates from sultan, but we only get weekends of, is there still alot to c down there on the weekend?
    and can we get accomodation in culdrose, for the weekend?

11. Totally agree, Fecking nails A/C. Ref the Merlin, well you can sit in a Merlin and have a chat with ease to the guy sat next to you .

12. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Yes, and normally the chat is about why, in a multi-million pound modern helo is the rain getting your arse wet :lol:

13. sorry Chief I was on about the RAF taxi version.

14. chieftiff

Ah right, I don't think anyone has worked out if they leak yet, they have spent so much time in the desert! :wink:

15. comfy seats , its a bit scary when you are flying over Basra in the pitch black and they suddenly pop flares.

16. chieftiff

Rather you than me mate, look on the bright side it would be even scarier if they didn't (suddenly pop flares) 8O

17. CARBON FIBRE DEATH PROVIDER GR7 Is the way ahead!!

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose your mates. Choose a Fcuking quick aeroplane. Choose ejection seats, LGB's, Head up displays, Sidewinders, Brimstone and a Fcuking Big PAVEWAY 4. Choose aerial combat and strafing the beach on a Monday morning. Choose flying in a battle formation at 620 knots with a time on target and some barsteward out there waiting to bounce you. Choose high G manoeuvres and tipping in at the end of your run, dropping your bombs and Fcuking off sharp so that your wingman can add to the devastation. Choose pulling off task with no gas, a two hundred mile transit back to a spray covered, pitching deck at night with a vertical landing to finish the day.

[align=center]CHOOSE YOUR FUTURE

CHOOSE HARRIER GR7A!!
    [/align]

18. Choose an aircraft with a flight crew of four, a cabin crew of 24 a selection of dolly birds to screw or if you are in the other camp young men eager to please. Choose a nice uniform, comfortable five star hotels at the end of the day, a duty roster with plenty of time off

Choose a Boeing 747

19. Flynavy Yep with you on that one mate. From an FAC's point of view GR7/9 pilots are the very best at it.Not too sure about ''Brimstone'' mate. Hope they have ''ironed out'' a few things.