Whether to continue with University Sqn

Dear all,

Firstly, I’m new here so I’m sorry if this post isn’t where it should be.

I’m looking for some advice on whether I should continue with my UBAS (University Squadron) application. I suffer from mild eczema (I have no allergies and it is very controllable) however my doctor has written on my record that a steroidal cream was prescribed to me in March. This wasn’t the case as I wasn’t even in the country. Anyway, he told me that is unable to remove this.

What I would like advice on is whether I should continue with my application and risk being made PMU or whether I should wait 3/4 years to join the RAF and then provide sufficient evidence from private dermatologists at my medical.

I read somewhere that being made PMU means that you are permanently barred from entry across all 3 military services, is this true?

I am unsure as to whether I should contact AFCO about this or just remove the application altogether.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

soleil

War Hero
Is UBAS not an Air Squadron, though, Redbear? I understood it to be the RAF's Reserve Unit for students in the Midlands.

I'm wondering whether a better person to advise would be someone who recruits for the RAF. I can link you up with someone just right if that is the case.

It would be different if you were applying to the URNU, of course..

Is UBAS not an Air Squadron, though, Redbear? I understood it to be the RAF's Reserve Unit for students in the Midlands.

I'm wondering whether a better person to advise would be someone who recruits for the RAF. I can link you up with someone just right if that is the case.

It would be different if you were applying to the URNU, of course..

Hi Sol,

I would really appreciate if you could link me up with the person you have suggested, I honestly don’t know what to do and yes it is the air squadron, but they follow the same recruitment process as the RAF despite being student reserves.

soleil

War Hero
Hi Sol,

I would really appreciate if you could link me up with the person you have suggested, I honestly don’t know what to do and yes it is the air squadron, but they follow the same recruitment process as the RAF despite being student reserves.

Here you go, add your post to this forum - it will be answered by RAF_Adam, who recruits for the RAF.

Chris P

War Hero
Dear all,

Firstly, I’m new here so I’m sorry if this post isn’t where it should be.

I’m looking for some advice on whether I should continue with my UBAS (University Squadron) application. I suffer from mild eczema (I have no allergies and it is very controllable) however my doctor has written on my record that a steroidal cream was prescribed to me in March. This wasn’t the case as I wasn’t even in the country. Anyway, he told me that is unable to remove this.

What I would like advice on is whether I should continue with my application and risk being made PMU or whether I should wait 3/4 years to join the RAF and then provide sufficient evidence from private dermatologists at my medical.

I read somewhere that being made PMU means that you are permanently barred from entry across all 3 military services, is this true?

I am unsure as to whether I should contact AFCO about this or just remove the application altogether.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Re: your medical records and the incorrect entry you should be able to prove that by proof of your whereabouts at the time.

Latest Threads