Where's Maggie Thatcher when we need her?

Ok, I was very young when she was in power, but don't tell me she didn't have balls.
Known as the Iron Lady from the Russians. On equal terms with Bush, not like lap dog B-Liar ( and we all know what the B means)
Stood up against Europe, over the rebate etc. Falklands war. Trade Unions. Coal miners etc
Ok she did not get everything right, but did she ***** foot around?
Did she hell?
Do you think Britain would be so PC if she was in charge.
Do you think Muslims would be making so many demands.
Would immigration be as high as it is now.
NO.

Have to agree with yer, best Prime Minister this country has had in my lifetime.

Heseltine and Co. have a lot to answer for!

flatbackpinky

Lantern Swinger
Cometh the hour cometh the man (or woman ) . We are obviously not deep enough in the shit for a true leader to emerge yet ( sorkels hava only been issued to 35 % og the population ). Yet hope springs eternal and I so I wait for that day

slim

War Hero
Maggie was great for the first two terms, then like Blair power went to her head. She was deposed and not before time. The Falklands conflict should never have occurred. She let it escalate for the simple reason that she needed the country to get behind. A war always bonds the population. luckily for her it was a short conflict and the public stayed with her. If it had become a long drawn out conflict like Iraq then she would have lost public support.

wayneo said:
Have to agree with yer, best Prime Minister this country has had in my lifetime.

She did a good job for many years but by the time she got the heave she had passed her sell by date. I think that there should be a limit on the time any polly can hold high office continuously, the strain seems to make them all go 'off'. From wholly unscientific observation over the last half century about 6 years seems to be the max, any more than that and they seem to lose touch with reality and both their party and the electorate

slim

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
wayneo said:

She did a good job for many years but by the time she got the heave she had passed her sell by date. I think that there should be a limit on the time any polly can hold high office continuously, the strain seems to make them all go 'off'. From wholly unscientific observation over the last half century about 6 years seems to be the max, any more than that and they seem to lose touch with reality and both their party and the electorate
Just off to make the appointment with a trick cyclist Peter, seems I am in agreement with you on this one. :oops:

Maxi_77 said:
wayneo said:

She did a good job for many years but by the time she got the heave she had passed her sell by date. I think that there should be a limit on the time any polly can hold high office continuously, the strain seems to make them all go 'off'. From wholly unscientific observation over the last half century about 6 years seems to be the max, any more than that and they seem to lose touch with reality and both their party and the electorate[/quote

agreed also - seem to loose the plot if they stay to long................................

Maxi_77 said:
wayneo said:

I agree that there should be a limit on the amount of time a PM is able to serve, I just think in light of and with hindsight, even in her twilight years of power she had more backbone and integrity than her replacement (Major) and this dosser we unfortunately have in power now.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm waiting for Fink to express his admiration for Her, won't be holding my breath though!

PM ?
Oh no no no, it should be the whole lot!
And why are we still given Ministers that have no knowledge in the field that they are minister for? They absolutely DO NOT listen to their experts at all, yet make decisions that effect lots of people. IMO All MPs should have to take some kind of training or exam in the subject, that would put a stop to random cabinet reshuffles etc .

slim said:
Maxi_77 said:
wayneo said:

Just off to make the appointment with a trick cyclist Peter, seems I am in agreement with you on this one. :oops:
Perhaps we should make it a joint one, this has been happening too much recently. 8O

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44
LujonSA Where is: some random inconsequential poster... The Gash Barge 28
Pontius Where's RR? Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Where FAA planes go to die HMS Sanderling The Fleet Air Arm 13
BONNACON Ships boats where are they now? History 11
S OFFICERS AND GENTLEMEN - RN OFFICER TRAINING DOCUMENTARY.. (where can I watch it?) Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
T Where to stay at Torpoint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
K Pension - Havent got a clue - where to start???? Finance & Pensions 10