Where were you on July 31 1970

Vicky Barracks.............there were still quite a few 3 badge fcuk alls in the mob at the time, some only in for the grog, two that I knew of, one of whom was three years from pension wanted out of the mob PDQ so took the quickest route, getting themselves caught in a compromising position by someone in authority, as was the case in those days thier feet did not touch. Saw them both in the Albany a couple of months later, holding onto the bar with one hand and a Woods in the other...sad.
HMS Raleigh Seamanship School, Seaman Petty Officers Course, attached from Living Ashore Allowance, HMS/m Opportune, Submarine Refit Group, HM Dockyard, Plymouth, Devon. Bit of a result to go from "LOA" to "Victualed In" just at the point they murdered the TOT.

I also still got paid the LOA as I had to keep my accomodation open, there's a bugger for you.

Lantern Swinger
sgtpepperband said:
dunjamon said:
I wasn't even a twinkle in my dads eye.
Nutty was in uniform when you were in liquid form.... :lol:
Don't even think he had me in liquid form. Although there's some things you don't think about uness you're from Alabama or one of them good ol' states
On the parade at Raleigh. We borrowed the gun carriage from Drake and slow marched round Raleigh with a rum barrel as the coffin. Finished up in the POs' mess where all members, including RAs, were issued with a tot on entry. Followed by the mother and father of all hoolies.
Sad day, but probably the right thing to do in the context of it's time.
I was lucky, having been "G" for fifteen years, and RA for the last three and a half, by the time I joined my next ship in May '71, the "three nips" bar routine was well established, and having the Can Man as a messmate, we didn't go short of the replacement spirits.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stan_the_man Diamond Lil's 34
NotmeChief Diamond Lil's 11
Niner_Domestic History 24