Where were you on July 31 1970

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by PINCH, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HMS Sultan..... Crying into the very last TOT

2. Try here PINCH you will find a lot of answers.

TOT

Nutty

3. Bugger Thought it would have floated but never mind

4. I wasn't yet born.

5. I was born in Nov 1972.

6. Causing mayhem on the public playground on my tricycle.

7. Just left School ,
    joined the Andrew on march 29th 1971 , to young for the tot anyway , bah humbug :thumright:

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2 months old, so probably sleeping or crapping in my nappy... not much has changed there, then! :wink:

9. Warspite, 3 berth Faslane

10. Vicky Barracks.............there were still quite a few 3 badge fcuk alls in the mob at the time, some only in for the grog, two that I knew of, one of whom was three years from pension wanted out of the mob PDQ so took the quickest route, getting themselves caught in a compromising position by someone in authority, as was the case in those days thier feet did not touch. Saw them both in the Albany a couple of months later, holding onto the bar with one hand and a Woods in the other...sad.

11. HMS Raleigh Seamanship School, Seaman Petty Officers Course, attached from Living Ashore Allowance, HMS/m Opportune, Submarine Refit Group, HM Dockyard, Plymouth, Devon. Bit of a result to go from "LOA" to "Victualed In" just at the point they murdered the TOT.

I also still got paid the LOA as I had to keep my accomodation open, there's a bugger for you.

Nutty

12. I wasn't even a twinkle in my dads eye.

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nutty was in uniform when you were in liquid form.... :lol:

14. enjoying my first ever school holidays , happy days

15. Don't even think he had me in liquid form. Although there's some things you don't think about uness you're from Alabama or one of them good ol' states

16. On the parade at Raleigh. We borrowed the gun carriage from Drake and slow marched round Raleigh with a rum barrel as the coffin. Finished up in the POs' mess where all members, including RAs, were issued with a tot on entry. Followed by the mother and father of all hoolies.
    Sad day, but probably the right thing to do in the context of it's time.
    I was lucky, having been "G" for fifteen years, and RA for the last three and a half, by the time I joined my next ship in May '71, the "three nips" bar routine was well established, and having the Can Man as a messmate, we didn't go short of the replacement spirits.

2BM

17. On the Artemis followed by the Penelope on which my brother was serving.
    Think I had a good runashore!!!!
    Very sad it all was
    MH

18. I took my driving test about this time...

19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Either in Artemis or Dolphin