Where to stay at Torpoint

The Mother wants to know if there is anywhere good to stay for my passing out. She doesn't want to end up in somewhere... not so nice

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The Mother wants to know if there is anywhere good to stay for my passing out. She doesn't want to end up in somewhere... not so nice
It's a good job 'TMF' lives in New Yoik (or is that Chicago?) and not Pointyheadland... :shock: :wink:

While Plymouth will give you more choice (with additional travel complications) there is a small selection in Torpoint, according to Trip Advisor:

Hotels in Torpoint | Compare 9 Torpoint Hotels | 157 Reviews and Photos | TripAdvisor

I would imagine they do a thriving trade with other families attending Passing Out Parades at HMS Raleigh, so I suggest booking early.

Prowler

Lantern Swinger
Tell her to stay in Plymouth, more to do when she's not attending your passing out.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Mother will be sent a book with accommodation options. There are lot of B&B's in and around the Torpoint/Antony/St John area. I've got a spare tent and room in the shed if she is desperate.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'd go for Plymouth personally. As previously stated there's more for your folks to do and see on the other days that they're here and a greater choice of places to stay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Miscellaneous 0
Shakey Blue Jokes 0
Jenny_Dabber The Quarterdeck 294