Where to get new uniform items?

shorty1988m

Midshipman
I can’t get a clear answer from anyone at work so thought I’d try here.

If we need new uniform because of size or it just needs renewing. Where do I get that from?

Random

Lantern Swinger
Well you got your first set from slops (naval stores) have you thought of going to your nearest and talking to them?

shorty1988m

Midshipman
I never got my first set at naval stores. Also, I don’t seem to be able to find a list of locations. Assuming the only stores are atbases then a quick pop in to the nearest one is a 150 mile drive

Last edited:

Megalopteron

Lantern Swinger
At least one of the naval clothing stores will supply by mail order, or did do a couple of years ago. Can't remember which one.

Where/when did you get your initial issue?

Random

Lantern Swinger
The Portsmouth one I think will, but never tried it, always just popped in when down on course or visiting the mad house. Perhaps stick your head into HMS Calliope and have a friendly chat with the RNR, they might have a route you could use!

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
The Portsmouth one I think will, but never tried it, always just popped in when down on course or visiting the mad house. Perhaps stick your head into HMS Calliope and have a friendly chat with the RNR, they might have a route you could use!
My suggestion, too.

Seadog

War Hero
There was a time when Nelson Slops did ‘mail order’.

The ‘tailors’ advertising their wears
(see what I did there?) in the nautical press do mail order. Call them. Cheap and nasty.

huwshpis

War Hero
When I was in, all RNR Divisions had slops. I had my first issue at President and picked up a few extras (cash clothing) from there, got more/replacement bits from wherever I happened to be (including Calliope) so checking with the RNR is a definite possibility. You can get No3 shirts from Cadet Direct (www.cadetdirect.com).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44
LujonSA Where is: some random inconsequential poster... The Gash Barge 28
Pontius Where's RR? Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Where FAA planes go to die HMS Sanderling The Fleet Air Arm 13
BONNACON Ships boats where are they now? History 11
S OFFICERS AND GENTLEMEN - RN OFFICER TRAINING DOCUMENTARY.. (where can I watch it?) Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
T Where to stay at Torpoint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
K Pension - Havent got a clue - where to start???? Finance & Pensions 10
Rumrat Where have all the milkmen gone (long time passing) Diamond Lil's 35