Where to find boots!

I have just signed up to walk in the Llangwern (sorry if its spelt wrong) 24 mile walk in under 11 hours. Its on the 24th May 2008. I jumped at the chance to do it because it will hopefully help towards my fitness when I join the RM, but also because I am going to raise money for Zoe's place which is a childrens hospital in Liverpool. I hope to do it with a 40 pound bergan on my back aswell.
Could anyone help me as to where I could get myself some boots.
Thanks
Ste

SB146564 said:
I have just signed up to walk in the Llangwern (sorry if its spelt wrong) 24 mile walk in under 11 hours. Its on the 24th May 2008. I jumped at the chance to do it because it will hopefully help towards my fitness when I join the RM, but also because I am going to raise money for Zoe's place which is a childrens hospital in Liverpool. I hope to do it with a 40 pound bergan on my back aswell.
Could anyone help me as to where I could get myself some boots.
Thanks
Ste
Not sure about your background mate but i personally wouldn't go to Silvermans for any of my kit. I come from an outdoor/ML background and have been using meindl Borneos for a while which sound about right for your needs although they are a civvy walking boot. Failing that check out Reichle. A good friend has a pair and is raving about them at the moment.

NB

quote]

Not sure about your background mate but i personally wouldn't go to Silvermans for any of my kit. I come from an outdoor/ML background and have been using meindl Borneos for a while which sound about right for your needs although they are a civvy walking boot. Failing that check out Reichle. A good friend has a pair and is raving about them at the moment.

NB[/quote]

Nothing wrong with Silvermans mate..............if you dont mind re-mortgaging your house to buy any kit that is :thumright:

spenny said:
quote]

NB

Nothing wrong with Silvermans mate..............if you dont mind re-mortgaging your house to buy any kit that is :thumright:[/quote]

******* crooks from the other side of the river!!!

:thumright: :thumright:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
finknottle said:
SB146564, good luck on the yomp and I hope you make it to CTCRM.
Llangwern is more than 24 miles from Lympstone - and I doubt he'll get there in under 11 hours! :lol:

But good luck, SB. Keep us posted on your progress.

sgtpepperband said:
finknottle said:
SB146564, good luck on the yomp and I hope you make it to CTCRM.
Llangwern is more than 24 miles from Lympstone - and I doubt he'll get there in under 11 hours! :lol:

But good luck, SB. Keep us posted on your progress.
FFS I know that! I was merely wishing the lad good luck in his ambition to be a Royal Marine.