Where to find boots!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SB146564, Nov 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just signed up to walk in the Llangwern (sorry if its spelt wrong) 24 mile walk in under 11 hours. Its on the 24th May 2008. I jumped at the chance to do it because it will hopefully help towards my fitness when I join the RM, but also because I am going to raise money for Zoe's place which is a childrens hospital in Liverpool. I hope to do it with a 40 pound bergan on my back aswell.
    Could anyone help me as to where I could get myself some boots.
    Thanks
    Ste

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. Surely you mean SLOBS! :lol:

Oops, sorry, I thought we were still discussing that SCAM....

4. Worst comes to the worst you'll surely find something on eBay. Or else... erm... wot they said ^...

PNG

5. Best of luck Oppo. I get knackered driving that far!

6. From the thread title.."Where to find boots"...thought you meant that Chemist place??......sorry....good luck mate.. :thumright:

7. The "Cadiz" style from the Dress boot selection look rather fine to me....?

8. Not sure about your background mate but i personally wouldn't go to Silvermans for any of my kit. I come from an outdoor/ML background and have been using meindl Borneos for a while which sound about right for your needs although they are a civvy walking boot. Failing that check out Reichle. A good friend has a pair and is raving about them at the moment.

NB

9. quote]

Not sure about your background mate but i personally wouldn't go to Silvermans for any of my kit. I come from an outdoor/ML background and have been using meindl Borneos for a while which sound about right for your needs although they are a civvy walking boot. Failing that check out Reichle. A good friend has a pair and is raving about them at the moment.

NB[/quote]

Nothing wrong with Silvermans mate..............if you dont mind re-mortgaging your house to buy any kit that is :thumright:

10. Nothing wrong with Silvermans mate..............if you dont mind re-mortgaging your house to buy any kit that is :thumright:[/quote]

******* crooks from the other side of the river!!!

:thumright: :thumright:

11. SB146564, good luck on the yomp and I hope you make it to CTCRM.

12. sgtpepperband

Llangwern is more than 24 miles from Lympstone - and I doubt he'll get there in under 11 hours! :lol:

But good luck, SB. Keep us posted on your progress.

13. FFS I know that! I was merely wishing the lad good luck in his ambition to be a Royal Marine.

14. sgtpepperband

Fink: Joke, hence my smiley face... :wink:

15. I will have to stand on my cap and give myself a bollocking for missing that one. ^~