Where the tough blokes live.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Jan 5, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just stumbled into this place....worth a look, but mind they don't catch you and kill you with either
    a rolled up newspaper or a simple steely-eyed stare.

http://www.hqrafregiment.net/

2. Some 5* Hotels must be missing their Security guards! sorry did i say that out loud, meant to whisper it in case any RAF Reg heard me.

3. I just borrowed this post from them. It must be great to be at the utter apex of total eliteness.

Post subject: Re: You're opinion on the Army
    Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 pm

In the many dealings I had with the Army while I was serving, there really did seem to be a common theme, touched upon by Tim. That was they are totally dependent on the NCO to just about everything, this is where the fuckin' the troops over comes in to play. It always seemed to be completly discouraged for your average pongo to actually think for themselves and take the initiative and blindly follow the Army Diktat that is churned out.
    Example, While in the FI, two of us were seconded to the coldstream guards, much to their amusement of having a couple of blue jobs on board and took part in a live firning exercise. On the final assult they lobbed in a couple of L2's and only one went off, they just got up and charged firing for their lives into the trench the contained the live L2. We both stayed put getting an earful from the SNCO until we pointed this out and they then all got a bollocking

Also in the FI, a chopper landed in the site at Sapper Hill with a 3 star plate and out pops Peter De Billiere to check on the troops, he had just left the RA rapier units at San Carlos and told us they were living in squalor compared to us, but only because each sqn had stripped Stanley of any item not nailed down. My claim to fame was borrowing a full artificial cricket wicket, that had only been in the island 5 hours. Chopped up and shipped out to the sites for carpeting with assistance from the sea king aircrew

Overall my own opinion will always be that the Average Rock will always be somewhat brighter, adaptable and down right sneakier than your average pongo.

[Fm. B.N.M. - I wonder what they think of us Navy types then?]

4. ''Overall my own opinion will always be that the Average Rock will always be somewhat brighter, adaptable and down right sneakier than your average pongo''

Yep , sneaking round the back of the guard hut for a tab when on barrier up , barrier down duty.

5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Words fail me.

6. They don't appear to like anyone at all, ever - apart from themselves.
    How to win friends and influence people, RAF Regt style:-

I made a decision some time ago to stay out of Arsse. I simply don't have enough time in my life to spend it reading the purile nonsense that is spouted on that site by walts who have never done anything, been anywhere, seen anything or have more than two (obviously damaged) neurons bashing around inside there thick heads.

Leave them be and let them engage in their Boys Own fantasies about what they wish they had done but have only ever read about in the Beano and the Dandy.

Meanwhile over on ARRSE, they were having a little dig back at them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Could not resist.........

zulu_film.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blackrat

As spotted by one with two (obviously damaged) neurons.

He makes a fair point about fantasies though.. My favourite character in Warlord was "Iron Nuts" McKenzie, the dashing RAF chap who guarded the permiter fence with vigilance, could spot a forged ID at twenty paces and stopped, on more than one occasion, the stealing of aviation fuel for black market purposes. Sadly i was unable to join the ranks of this elite and had to make do with the army, doing shit things like being on the front line in a tank. I fear i have failed in life.

9. And so, having waited the requisite time for someone else to do it, I have now decided to roll out the old classic in response . . .
    RAF Rgt.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Is that because you’re an ex-Army chap and need to get your damaged neurons working after all the front line duties?:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Billy I have not bothered to logon to the crabs site, but I see the have a thread called Babes, anything worth nicking?

12. Nope, they're all photos of boxing promoter Frank Maloney.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Billy I did not login to their site as they are bound to ask for an e-mail address, so you would have given them info on yourself, you are doomed, they will track your IP address down and come through the wires and get you?

14. Nope. I track THEM down. And I can
    handle meself...been handling meself for
    fuckin' years.

I can break an anvil in two with my right hand I can, and besides I gave 'em your
    User Name and details.

15. Billy just checked on thread location and not Lills or Barge, so Bugger you for that?

16. Moderator? Please draft this thread to better place please.

17. Blackrat

And as if by magic....

18. In that case thanks BR, Billy you bastard

19. Only kidding mate.

• Like Like x 1