Where the Royal Navy is operating

Claire1997

Midshipman
Hello,

I am currently at my interview stage for Warfare Officer Application and have seen that I need knowledge in current operations. On the RN website there is a page for operations which contains a VAST amount of information about many different individual operations. About how many will I be expected to know and what operations would be considered most important?

Thank you

fishhead

War Hero
@Claire1997 I don't think you're required to know all of the deployments just commit a few to memory to demonstrate you have taken an interest. All of them are important or we wouldn't be bothering to send ships/submarines to do the job.

I wouldn't use the website as there is many operations that have not been updated since they have been completed. Best bet is using Navy News you get from the careers office.

Waspie

War Hero
In hindsight, a regular read of the NN would have helped with building a picture of where, what ships and the role they are deployed.
Try and get hold of some back copies, it will help with background and prove your knowledge is not just skin deep!

Claire1997

Midshipman
I wouldn't use the website as there is many operations that have not been updated since they have been completed. Best bet is using Navy News you get from the careers office.
NN is online and you can browse archived copies.
In hindsight, a regular read of the NN would have helped with building a picture of where, what ships and the role they are deployed.
Try and get hold of some back copies, it will help with background and prove your knowledge is not just skin deep!
Thank you, it is much appreciated ! I'll start reading NN now from recent months

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Bases / Shore Est 1
P History 5
B The Corps 22