Where is HMS Enterprise?

D

Deleted 97779

Where is HMS Enterprise when Beirut desperately needs Royal Navy help. She has a captain --Cmd. Cecil Ladislaus --born in Gibraltar who would be ideal to help. Is she still in Limassol? It's all gone rather quiet.
Beirut is about 150 nautical miles from Limassol.
Has she arrived off Beirut? Does anyone know?

D

Deleted 97779

@fortgang , why don't you try a google search, or use AIS. She was in Limassol on the 1st of Aug.
Been there and done that. You're telling where HMS Enterprise was on the 1st august 2020
It is now the 8th august 2020 and, when I last looked she was languishing in Lmassol. Nice work if you can get it!
We assumed she would now be off Beirut. Something's gone wrong perhaps?

^HORLIX!!

Where is HMS Enterprise when Beirut desperately needs Royal Navy help. She has a captain --Cmd. Cecil Ladislaus --born in Gibraltar who would be ideal to help. Is she still in Limassol? It's all gone rather quiet.
Calm down and have a little patience, Chopper. Have you not seen this Official Release of 6 Aug 202??
(it was also reported by several News Agencies...) :

They are obviously making ready and expecting the Lebs/Brit Embassy to tell 'em exactly when their arrival will be needed.

<<... HMS Enterprise is currently docked in Limassol and will make her way to Lebanon in due course.

The UK is working with the Lebanese authorities to determine the optimum time for the ship’s deployment.

The UK Armed Forces is also deploying a small team to the UK Embassy in Beirut to help identify requirements and coordinate the package of wider support to the Lebanese Armed Forces. This includes the offer of tailored medical support, military air transport assistance and engineering and communications capabilities....>>

@fortgang - I don't know what your expectations are of this small survey vessel (Crewed with between 43 to 81 max* ) when they do get there but sources indicate their prime role will be to survey & investigate the best options for harbour clearance by others and thereby assist in creating safe navigational routes in/out & to/from suitable berths for the expected train of vessels likely to be bringing in much needed emergency supplies & aid. Owt else will be a bonus.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise_(H88)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Been there and done that. You're telling where HMS Enterprise was on the 1st august 2020
It is now the 8th august 2020 and, when I last looked she was languishing in Lmassol. Nice work if you can get it!
We assumed she would now be off Beirut. Something's gone wrong perhaps?
I know I'm telling you where she was last week, that's the last AIS update and as @BOOTWU has told you why she's still there your question has been answered

D

Deleted 97779

2019-A09-TV_Lebanon_Report.pdf
Lebanon navy with Italian help is quite capable of hydrographically clearing a safe passage for vessels into Beirut. Enterprise is needed for its medical and logistic help. A bit paltry I admit ,but if its the best MOD can do So be it. HMS Queen Elizabeth could well have provided comprehensive help. If only!

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Look where QE is and what her programme is.
At the moment her flight deck is covered with tents and scaffold.
This can be seen from outside the dockyard.

Chris P

War Hero
Mate, put your shovel down and stop digging:(

D

Deleted 97779

2019-A09-TV_Lebanon_Report.pdf
Enterprise is still alongside in limassol

As his patience for an ETA Beirut drains away perhaps Norman's attention could be diverted to another long-running saga involving an earlier 'Enterprise', albeit a flying version.

Where? ... on her port side in a depth of 84 m (276 ft) on the seabed of the western approaches to the English Channel.

Vid Clips-

WIKI Words -

Last edited: