Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is everyone!?

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
dt018a9667 said:
Nothing to do with a certain Leander that was put in quarantine at Portland in the late seventies then?

Fu*k I ..no Allthough I was on H.M.S Dundas Portland squadron(1965) when she hit the coaling jetty and opened her side up like a tin can :lol:

dt018a9667

War Hero
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
Nothing to do with a certain Leander that was put in quarantine at Portland in the late seventies then?

Fu*k I ..no Allthough I was on H.M.S Dundas Portland squadron(1965) when she hit the coaling jetty and opened her side up like a tin can :lol:

Do you get the feeling we are the only two here? I have come of night shift in of all places dev dockyard and have not much time left before I start condensing snot

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
dt018a9667 said:
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:

Do you get the feeling we are the only two here? I have come of night shift in of all places dev dockyard and have not much time left before I start condensing snot

My working week is three 12 hour shifts - Friday Saterday and Sunday
so this is my weekend :lol:

D3AN

Midshipman
I'm here....
Any ideas how to get it more active.. you cant force people to use the forum....

Hmmmmm, or can we! :twisted:

dt018a9667

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
Didn't want to intrude on what seems to be a private conversation.

Peter

I have the feeling that not to much is private on this bit of the site is private, just like life on board really.

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
I did suggest in another thread that perhaps there should be a "welcome new members " section, it woprks quite well on another site I visit,
People may post for the first time and human nature being what it is , if they are ignored they don't bother again.

At the end of the day it is mainly down to human nature, I think posts get noticed if they are either worthwhile contributions to the group, or down right insulting. Some peple are over sensitive, and not prepared to join in the 'mess deck' banter that all groups of this type generate. Some people join on impulse and then find something more interesting.

At the end of the day the group is left with those who just take part.

Peter

dt018a9667

War Hero
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:

My working week is three 12 hour shifts - Friday Saterday and Sunday
so this is my weekend :lol:

God that routine sounds good to me, how did you fall into that one?

dt018a9667

War Hero
Well shippers I will soon be cracking a few tins to have with my dinner and then to catch some ZZZZ`s (don’t know why I didn’t have some when I got in a 0815!).
Be back tomorrow, if i`m not around remind me

Cheers BBD

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
Yus, but a bit pi**ed off. Submitted a couple of jokes two days ago , they still haven't appeared. PMd a couple of people about promoting this site on my website at www.a1classjokes.com but had no reply,
beginning to think there aint anyone out there!!!

dt018a9667

War Hero
The_Black_Pig said:
Yus, but a bit pi**ed off. Submitted a couple of jokes two days ago , they still haven't appeared. PMd a couple of people about promoting this site on my website at www.a1classjokes.com but had no reply,
beginning to think there aint anyone out there!!!

Funny you say that some of my posts seem to be going missing and when I use outlook to topic reply notifications I get it does not exist.

And good some one else is about I thought I was the only loony in the bin, but just wonder how many are just looking, come on join in

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
DT if you look to the side of the start (home) page it tells you who's in and where they are

The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:

My brother served on her & the Hardy from Portland. Single Screw-unusual for the Grey Funnel line. Made it awkward to berth. I had a week with him on the Hardy, he was a salty Torp/Anti Sub AB, I was a baby Tiff on sea training (Eastbourne was long term sick). Spent all week spewing up in the Portland races. As we were living Aft & it was rough (well to me at the time) we had to carry our lunch to the mess over the upper walkway.....if I remember correctly.

dt018a9667

War Hero
janner said:
DT if you look to the side of the start (home) page it tells you who's in and where they are

Did and it looked as if it was poor lonely me

Anyway going off to play `Fleet command now` enjoy

dondon

MIA
well i'm half way through 7 twelve hour shifts here in the biggest hospital in the south west , i might have a tinnie when i finish , cos my next door nieghbor is having all the rendering taking off and replaced , and its doing my fxxxxxxg head in , i think i'm the only one on this site at the moment , does that mean i'm talking to my self , do that quite often in the st budo workies , so should be used to it .right work calls got to go .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thereverend Where's everyone from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 110
W where is everyone The Gash Barge 5
dondon Where is everyone The Quarterdeck 10
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44
LujonSA Where is: some random inconsequential poster... The Gash Barge 28
Pontius Where's RR? Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Where FAA planes go to die HMS Sanderling The Fleet Air Arm 13
BONNACON Ships boats where are they now? History 11