Where is everyone!?

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
dt018a9667 said:
Nothing to do with a certain Leander that was put in quarantine at Portland in the late seventies then?
Fu*k I ..no Allthough I was on H.M.S Dundas Portland squadron(1965) when she hit the coaling jetty and opened her side up like a tin can :lol:

dt018a9667

War Hero
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
Nothing to do with a certain Leander that was put in quarantine at Portland in the late seventies then?
Fu*k I ..no Allthough I was on H.M.S Dundas Portland squadron(1965) when she hit the coaling jetty and opened her side up like a tin can :lol:
Do you get the feeling we are the only two here? I have come of night shift in of all places dev dockyard and have not much time left before I start condensing snot

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
dt018a9667 said:
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
Do you get the feeling we are the only two here? I have come of night shift in of all places dev dockyard and have not much time left before I start condensing snot
My working week is three 12 hour shifts - Friday Saterday and Sunday
so this is my weekend :lol:

D3AN

Midshipman
I'm here....
Any ideas how to get it more active.. you cant force people to use the forum....

Hmmmmm, or can we! :twisted:

dt018a9667

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
Didn't want to intrude on what seems to be a private conversation.

Peter
I have the feeling that not to much is private on this bit of the site is private, just like life on board really.

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
I did suggest in another thread that perhaps there should be a "welcome new members " section, it woprks quite well on another site I visit,
People may post for the first time and human nature being what it is , if they are ignored they don't bother again.

At the end of the day it is mainly down to human nature, I think posts get noticed if they are either worthwhile contributions to the group, or down right insulting. Some peple are over sensitive, and not prepared to join in the 'mess deck' banter that all groups of this type generate. Some people join on impulse and then find something more interesting.

At the end of the day the group is left with those who just take part.

Peter

dt018a9667

War Hero
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
My working week is three 12 hour shifts - Friday Saterday and Sunday
so this is my weekend :lol:

God that routine sounds good to me, how did you fall into that one?

dt018a9667

War Hero
Well shippers I will soon be cracking a few tins to have with my dinner and then to catch some ZZZZ`s (don’t know why I didn’t have some when I got in a 0815!).
Be back tomorrow, if i`m not around remind me

Cheers BBD

The_Black_Pig

Midshipman
Yus, but a bit pi**ed off. Submitted a couple of jokes two days ago , they still haven't appeared. PMd a couple of people about promoting this site on my website at www.a1classjokes.com but had no reply,
beginning to think there aint anyone out there!!!

dt018a9667

War Hero
The_Black_Pig said:
Yus, but a bit pi**ed off. Submitted a couple of jokes two days ago , they still haven't appeared. PMd a couple of people about promoting this site on my website at www.a1classjokes.com but had no reply,
beginning to think there aint anyone out there!!!
Funny you say that some of my posts seem to be going missing and when I use outlook to topic reply notifications I get it does not exist.

And good some one else is about I thought I was the only loony in the bin, but just wonder how many are just looking, come on join in

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
DT if you look to the side of the start (home) page it tells you who's in and where they are

The_Black_Pig said:
dt018a9667 said:
My brother served on her & the Hardy from Portland. Single Screw-unusual for the Grey Funnel line. Made it awkward to berth. I had a week with him on the Hardy, he was a salty Torp/Anti Sub AB, I was a baby Tiff on sea training (Eastbourne was long term sick). Spent all week spewing up in the Portland races. As we were living Aft & it was rough (well to me at the time) we had to carry our lunch to the mess over the upper walkway.....if I remember correctly.

dt018a9667

War Hero
janner said:
DT if you look to the side of the start (home) page it tells you who's in and where they are
Did and it looked as if it was poor lonely me

Anyway going off to play `Fleet command now` enjoy

dondon

MIA
well i'm half way through 7 twelve hour shifts here in the biggest hospital in the south west , i might have a tinnie when i finish , cos my next door nieghbor is having all the rendering taking off and replaced , and its doing my fxxxxxxg head in , i think i'm the only one on this site at the moment , does that mean i'm talking to my self , do that quite often in the st budo workies , so should be used to it .right work calls got to go .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thereverend Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 110
W The Gash Barge 5
dondon The Quarterdeck 10