Where have all the milkmen gone (long time passing)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rumrat, Mar 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So where are the fuckin milkmen?
    Do you have milkmen where you live?
    There are none in this town now, a dead breed, but I still see them on ads like their everywhere.
    Have you got any?

2. wal

wal Badgeman

Here in Farnham, ours is an Ex Para who landed on his head one too many times.

3. We have our milk delivered twice a week still.
    Keeps him in a job and the tradition alive.

4. Terry our last milkman hit a tree in his car, I saw him in Good Hope hospital in 2006 when I was in Rehab.
    I have never seen one here since.
    At least we don't get stuck behind electric floats now, but I don't remember seeing any elsewhere either.
    I wonder who housewives shag now, the dustman?

5. Since i moved here where i live now .We never bothererd with a milkman we had an Hillards just 100 yards (now tesco's ) but i know the nilkman used to come round at arounf 0300 i used to see hime when i was on early start.Same as the papers.the distribution hub was oppisite the railway station which again is about 100 yards the mail used to come in at around 0300 to 0400 every morning. THey had a couple of delivery men who used to do the houses nearby there was plenty we used to pay at the distribution bub

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. Here in rurul West Devon there are lots of milkmen. There are two in the village I live in, and they both deliver daily.

7. I've just googled milkmen for Tamworth and it says there isn't one within ten miles.
    I did turn up the fact that Essex women have bigger tits than the rest of the uk.
    I could have told them that, its Essex men.

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Does he deliver the bottles via a mortar tube?

9. Don't be silly, the bottles would break.Honestly!!

10. We have one where I live, bombs around in a Rascal first thing though I don't think his round is that big. Most people (me included) buy a four pint or 6 pint bottle in the supermarket.

11. There's one in the village where I moor, if I'm late going work I see him delivering so I guess he's not a real early starter.

12. Dairy Crest still deliver where I live but I think the number of customers has declined in recent times.The current price per pint delivered is 71p so it is by no means a cheap option.I was told by one of the roundsmen that they were reluctant to deliver to council estates as getting paid was a struggle.

13. You must have extremely posh council estates round your way, up here getting off the estate alive is the struggle.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Used to be Corona down south Wits. Haven't seen them about either

15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

We still get our milk delivered every other day, it used to be six days a week but to keep costs down they changed it. Straight from the Farm about 3 miles away, processed and cartoned up on the Farm as well. Mad bugger comes around between 0200 and 0300 on delivery days

16. Alpine yes that's another that's gone awol.
    Don't see any bakers delivering either. They used to do shit load of business as they sold buns cobs and cakes as well.
    You don't realise they've disappeared until its mentioned in chance conversations.

17. Now that I could go for big time.
    I friggin love fresh fish with tatties and garden peas.
    All we seem to get in abundance is scrap metal men and green grocers.

18. When we first came to England I heard my old man one night telling me mom that his motor Bike was a load of scrap.
    The rag and bone man came round next day shouting "old iron" So I gave him the bike for a goldfish.
    I got a thrashing to go with it, then the fuckin fish went toes up.

19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

We've still got one around our area. To be honest though, i think he's just a pikey carrying out a recce.

20. Corrected that but with no nilkman, or milkman even, who shags your wife when you are on early?