Where else do royal marines deploy?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Brummielad, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just woundering apart from afganistan obviously where else do royal marines get sent to? And how many tours of afganistan do you do anyway i ve heard of royal marines doing 2 or 3 tours is there a limit?

P.S My mate in the army does boxing at a club here in birmingham, he actually got the choice on wheather to go to afganistan or not becuase of his boxing. Just woundering does this apply for the marines aswell and can you play sport in the royal marines or does it come under the royal navy

Any feedback appreciated :thanks:
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just get a map of the world and stick a pin in it and you can pretty much guarantee that there'll be RMs operating in the area... but obviously we can't talk about it here! :twisted:
  3. :eek:mfg:

The Royals traditional male bonding (or should that be bondage? :biggrin: ) sport is Naked Roll Mat Fighting! Sailors play Rugby unioN instead. ;)

PS: The clue is in the name!
  4. My old English teacher would have had the stick out no problem
  5. Hey just to say look on the Royal Marines website it will tell you abit more about were they deploy etc.

6. errrrmmm Wembley Stadium? at 1/2 time
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...I'll let you know when I go to see Pompey win the FA Cup on 17th May! :cool:
  8. I could tell you to look at the RM helmet clasp and there motto wich is Per Mer Purr Terrum (By See, By Land) but they're well out of date. The Korp used to be about the Globe but not now it aint. It still does plays and demos their but but we also do Butlins in places like Wales and Solihull. As for the other thing, Southsea was lost but we still go to Clacton.

PS I think yuo wiil do grate. I did :thumright:
  9. LOL ur gr8 Harry. :thumright:
  10. U2M8 :thumright:
  11. Kinell arry ur beganing 2 sound lyke ur from sarf lundon m8
  12. Will be watching it on FOX PPV........

That and Chelsea V Scousegits in the round 2......
  13. Isn't that Per Mare per Terram....?

I can see that you just can't stop thinking about pussies! :lol:
  14. Bloody hell - not even in and you want time off already?? Join Perce if you want time off for sport, the corps too busy for hangers on. (but don't even think about army rugby unless you are fijian - anyone going to army/fiji vs. Navy this year??)
  15. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Must....resist.......must......hold...back.......its ...no....good..

16. I assume Royal Marines deploy worldwide, based on your emblem. You know the one we copied along with almost everything else. hint; I'm British by ancestory .

17. My wife as of May 29 this year, is from Northampton, I drink Yorkshire tea and Bigelow brand Earl Grey, have an English Bulldog (official mascot of the US Marines) and I'm collecting British comic books.

Scratching my head wondering what happened to our English.
  18. My wife is from Exmouth, I drink Tetley tea, and I have a black lad (tho i wasnt allowed to call it dave or knobber).

Anyway - the USMC globe is the eastern hemisphere, ours is western. Little bitta trivia there.
  19. 've a fancy for Tetley myself, but been on a Yorkshire kick for some odd reason. I make my own Yorkshire pudding and make a yummy Toad in the Hole. What's a black lad? I'm learning English.

Thanks for the trivia.
  20. Wherever there is beer and fanny was always my preferred option, although the CO never seemed to take my suggestions for deployments seriously.

"Now see here Marine W@#!%$, we really can't justify a two week trip to Hamburg to do some FIBUA training for a day and then have a 13 day all expenses paid run ashore. March him out Sarn't Major."

As for sports, Naked Roll Mat fighting, spoof and naked bars all come under that category IMHO.
    As for reality though the Corps deploys to Norway and other salubrious locations around the world as and when required.
    Sports are well catered for see your Unit PTI.
    As an example in my section, in the early 80's, we had 2 members of the Corps Biathlon team and a Swimmer who had his Royal Navy blue. As the section was undermanned anyhow is it any wonder that I had to hump the Gimpy and the Charlie G at the same time, while the sporty bastards did some 'training'(Which seemed to consist of loafing around in the gym in Corps or RN tracksuits)!! No wonder my shoulders are rounded. Not that I'm bitter about it.