Where does the RN stand with 'stress'

Hello long time reader whilst I go through the application process and I find myself with Medical related query... Two years ago I visited the Doctor whilst on work leave to discuss possible work-related stress, as were all encouraged to 'talk about it' these days. Although this was a sole visit, the Doctor wasn't concerned and Ive not had any treatment for stress referrals for counselling or anything else, will the fact that I visited the Doctor within the last 4 years to discuss possible stress be an issue for the Navy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to raise my hopes for getting in only to have them dashed at the Medical Stage! Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unless you were treated or took time off due to stress, fingers-crossed, it should not be a significant issue.

It goes without saying, the Armed Foces can be stressful from time to time. I personally found getting straffed & bombed, recovering victims & fighting fires above a fuel-filled magazine quite stressful, but I was fortunate inasmuch as I never took time off or required treatment.

I can only speak from personal experience but in my case I had an incident of stress in my final year of university- saw a doctor, received one off treatment and declared it at my medical- wasn't a problem.