Where do you park in supermarkets?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by fly_past, Feb 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Parking spaces - is it right?

When parking at Teso/Asda/waitrose -or any other supermarket (nothing super in there) do you park in the bays reserved for parent and child even if you dont have one, or do you park in 2 spaces so no short sighted chav hits your doors?
  2. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Err between the lines????
  3. As far from the store as poss. so my shiny car isnt door dinged by inconsiderate f***ers. Mother and toddler spaces should be for them, try wrestling one of the little sods while putting the other one in the trolley. I dont want to park next to them either.
  4. I (when in UK or Ikea at Malaga) make a point of parking in the Mother and Child spaces. Why should they have their own spaces? The disabled do not choose to be so, mothers (generally) take a conscious choice to have a sprog. I too like to park near the doorway! But will never take a disabled space. Unlike the chavs at Asda.

PS I have a Landrover, so bashed doors are not a problem - simples! :lol:
  5. Depends who I'm with, if I've taken my mum I park in mother and child, she's 81 and I'm 53 but it doesn't specify age range so I'm justified

6. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  7. For a while now I've had a theory that if I parked on the Moon, some fecking bint in a 3 door hatch would park next to me... That in-itself ain't a prob as when said bint opens her 3' door it smacks right into my sidestep (Defender :twisted: )
    The problem arises when I try to load my timber/barbed wire and bags of coal salvaged from former pit sites into all my officer's (Sorry...orifices) these bints really suffer the brunt of my aluminium doors!!

But hey, park next to a dog; expect to get p!ssed on!

8. Snap!! Door dings for me - no problemo! :D
  9. I always park in the disabled bays. If there are any, and there is room.
  10. As far away as possible, I leave the ones closest ti the supermarket entrance for the fat, lazy, disgusting b'stards with belly-cleavage - UGH - they need _lots_ of room to get into their cars...
  11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You shop? I thought you would have sent one of your slaves to do it for you.

Mind you, i agree with you. Park as far away as possible from the store so you can avoid the idiots with big motors and even bigger body masses.
  12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Its always a giggle watching the "fat bastard" couple at the checkout. The choppers can't even squeeze past each other, and one has to back out to let the other past. I also chuckle because there shopping always has diet coke. I feel like telling them"its not working".
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ah. But diet coke cancels out all the calories in carbs you see. :D
  14. Simples - Move nearer then walk.
  15. As close as possible to the door.
  16. some little chav in a suped up saxo has put a nice bright gold dent in the door of my brand new car this morning but lucky enough i had the rigging knife acquired from the stores in the car and put a nice big scratch or two on his car with the marlin spike.
  17. Being an avid collector of such marks from Marlin Spikes (both Ancient & Modern) your humble contribution is gratefully received.

PS Most sorry about the dent in the door. I must try harder as I was actually aiming for the your wing but was I momentarily dazzled by the sun's reflection from your superb gold finish.

PPS New car? A Jock? Having a laff?
  18. Too discretionary Jimbo, what would work lend some consistency would be a set of scales built into the deck by the conveyor belt and a sliding scale of fat tax with say clinically obese rated at about 300% on all high calorie scran down to a manageable 10% for those like me with a slight loss of definition around their waistline as a gentle reminder not to over indulge...
  19. Love the bumper sticker!