Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did you meet your wfe

met Mrs SS at Gardens (aka le Jardin) (aka burnt down shitehole) in Yeovil.

i was 23 she was 24 and we where both at an over 25 night.

she even bought her own drinks. still let her now

Last week at my draft to RAF Wyton, vowed never to go to the small Fenland town I was RA'ing in again after I left. Met her in the nearest Pub (that we never went in) to the house and bob's your uncle we hooked up, 14 years later happily married (10 years) and a 5 year old daughter. After a 8 year holiday in Somerset we moved to Stamford, Lincs (JFH). Inlaws still in the small Fenland town I vowed not to go back to, bang went that idea!!!

Pub we met in is now a kids home.

Joint_Force_Harrier said:
Last week at my draft to RAF Wyton, vowed never to go to the small Fenland town I was RA'ing in again after I left. Met her in the nearest Pub (that we never went in) to the house and bob's your uncle we hooked up, 14 years later happily married (10 years) and a 5 year old daughter. After a 8 year holiday in Somerset we moved to Stamford, Lincs (JFH). Inlaws still in the small Fenland town I vowed not to go back to, bang went that idea!!!

Pub we met in is now a kids home.

JFH

had your tag about 800 (c*nts) as my tag on emails sent whilst a DO at Sultan - only a bit longer till i get away from the mongs we take on LAETQC.

the old BWO didnt find it very funny and made me take it off.

found my new one about 800 standards even less funnier

ex 800 (w*nker)

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...0&prev=/images?q=harrier+lego&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

oberon

Lantern Swinger
Yahoo chat room! Met her in the flesh a few weeks later and she moved into my place within another month. I left the Mob Sept 02 and married her June 03 (let down big time by my slime of a best man - never trust a CY!), now happy living in the countryside with a daughter. :)

BuntingBob

Midshipman
Don't stay on the shelf forever, Moomin. Mr/Miss Right is searching for you.

My story is fairly matelot. I was doing sentry duty and suffering from a hangover,dehydrated, tongue asleep on my boots, (I know; self inflicted; no pity, but it's my story) checking I.D. cards of the new entries going to classes. I saw this Wren and begged her to get me a bottle of milk next time she was passing the NAAFI. She came back half an hour later with an ice cold bottle of life saving fluid. 35 years later we're still together with two grown up daughters and a grandaughter. Does that win the weekly prize?

Too many happy stories on here - there must be some who haven't been as lucky ?

Met my first (now ex) through my Aunt, she (the ex) was a hairdresser. 18 years, three kids later, I find out she's been dropping them whilst I was in Saudi, whilst also spending my hard-earned wages.
Took the kids and the house and almost everything else I tried to earn after (thanks to the totally biased CSA) - 'Murder Most Foul' ... :evil: ... was uppermost in my mind, but fortunately found someone else.

Been with her now for nearly 12 years, but only tied the knot last August ---- Ye gods! I'm a newly wed! :love6:

Once bitten twice shy syndrome I think.

Happy as a p-i-s now.

:)

fishhead

War Hero
whitemouse said:
Too many happy stories on here - there must be some who haven't been as lucky ?

Happy as a p-i-s now.

:)
There probably is but I doubt they want to revisit the misery on Rumrat.

shag_shacker said:
met Mrs SS at Gardens (aka le Jardin) (aka burnt down shitehole) in Yeovil.

i was 23 she was 24 and we where both at an over 25 night.

she even bought her own drinks. still let her now

Did I not introduce you to her?

Cates

Badgeman
My first meeting of my (now ex) wife, was a blind date which itself was as a result of a BBC2 documentary; titled 40 minutes.

I was at RNC Greenwich, a cushy number Mon-Fri, initially living in a nurses home (now part of a uni). Consequently, my new wife had a shock when I informed her of my next ship draft and told her it was sailing from UK for 4 or 5 months. Happy she was not, and 16 years later we split up, me taking the road of a single man and loving it NOW!

smudgster!

Badgeman
i met mine in the JR dining hall at culdrose, i was a baby jack dusty, she was just of the illustrious, our eyes met, and then bugger i rememebered i was already going out with some one, 6 months later, i got asked to go on a blind date, and there she was, 8 years later been married for 3, were still together. just

WoofaB

Met Mrs W on Browndown beach at a course BBQ in 83, was on Mechs course at Sultan (MQC 03) she was a nanny in London, we clicked after I bought her a bucket of beer, finished Mechs Course drafted to Dolphin then to Sultan for Short course, then to SM2 by which time we could not bear to be apart, moved in together in a terraced house in Stoke in Guzz, married 4 months later at Guzz register office. No honeymoon till 86 when boat was in SanDiego. Still together 22 years later but she hasnt given me a pension for all tha service. Have two daughters at college here in Orlando where we now live :whew:

morsehorse

Lantern Swinger
Hi an ex Jenny speaking
Received from the Chairman an e mail after being nominated to be an Honorary Member of rba93.com after losing my late husband an ex MAA
Married 2 years later after receiving that e mail
Wasn't looking for anyone to fill the enormous gap in my life,but am as happy as I have ever been
Never say never.
Look in the piccie gallery of our lovely day 21st June 2008 my 59th birthday
Love you to bits Tom and thank you for making my life worthwhile
Jacqueline
xxx

Moomin

War Hero
BuntingBob said:
Don't stay on the shelf forever, Moomin. Mr/Miss Right is searching for you.

quote]
:thanks:

I would prefer a Mr...sadly I think he got lost on route. Being single is OK, lots of plus bits, if you look hard enough.

pingbosun72

Badgeman
Number 1 : Met her in the Imperial hotel in Helensburgh, was married for 6 miserable years, found out she was "boning" bootnecks every time I was away, so "got shut"

Number 2 : Met her while on leave in Burnley, married on the rebound and suffered for another 4 years, she was half polish half Halifax with a temper to match, so "got shut"

Number 3 : Met at Stratford on Avon, fell in love for first time, been married 7 years now, and we are both happy, NEVER had an argument which is nice, happiness at last..... :hump: :thanks:

Scrumpy

Lantern Swinger
Met my missus at a ships dance in Salford in 1981 (it was the ships adopted town).
I walked across the dance floor, and a young lady shouted at me and called me an ignorant bastard for walking between herself and her mates who were dancing.They were that far apart I didn't realise that they knew each other let alone dancing together.
So I said to her,I'm going to the bar and when I get back I am going to sort you out...

...and I did, we've been married for 25 years have three daughters and two grandaughters.

Thats sorted her out!

Met the wife October 31, 1983 at the bar of the Dornie Hotel. I was wearing No 8s and fouly bottoms, and she was dressed as Worzel Gummidge.

Nothing's changed, although I have been persuaded to buy her some new clothes.

Not many, mind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
Sharkey Where did you get that hat Diamond Lil's 0
BillyNoMates Where did you get your car from again? Diamond Lil's 9
seafruit where did the eye of the tiger go? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
josiecats where did?? The Gash Barge 4
I Re: So where did you all end up? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 4
S So where did you all end up? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 90
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44