Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did you meet your wfe

2badge_mango

War Hero
Family housewarming party in January 1954 (although we had slept together many years before*), asked her for a date, successfully, we married in 1956. have four children, twelve grandchildren, one great grandchild, still very happy.

* for those with evil minds, it was during the London blitz when her family had been bombed out and came to live with us. She was three, me five.

2BM

Moomin said:
Its very sweet, the things some of you have said, but am I the only one happy having avoiding the institution of marriage?

If you have a sex change, grow fur on your chest and a beard and develop a nice deep bass voice we might become the first couple to meet on RR! :bounce: :rofl:

stirling2

Banned
thingy said:
Moomin said:
Its very sweet, the things some of you have said, but am I the only one happy having avoiding the institution of marriage?

If you have a sex change, grow fur on your chest and a beard and develop a nice deep bass voice we might become the first couple to meet on RR! :bounce: :rofl:

....you assume.

stirling said:
thingy said:
Moomin said:

....you assume.

Tell me more :razz:

At a bath tub race and i was shit faced !!!
Here I am 28 years later still with her and still shit faced ( Well,not as often now )

The_Jimmy

War Hero
Nicks said:
At a bath tub race and i was shit faced !!!
Here I am 28 years later still with her and still shit faced ( Well,not as often now )

Still with the same bath tub then? :dwarf:

LujonSA

War Hero
At a mutual friend's party 16 July 1966. All the lads had been watching England beat Mexico 2-0 on the way to winning the world cup against germany when the future Mrs LujonSA tripped over my outstretched feet as I re-lived the game with my oppo. I picked her up, dusted her down and got her a drink. We went out the following day where she somehow conived to give me her address. Six months later I joined the mob and three years after that we married. I binned the Navy in 1990 but we are still together out here in rural France more than 42 years after our first meeting.

Isn't it about time that England won the world cup again?

GashHand01

Midshipman
La Straza(Lady Street) in Helston.

Now someones front room...!

For anyone who knows the place, and there's a few i suspect, yep i was wasted.So, was she come to think of it.....!

We're occassionally, still wasted.

GH

Redsailor

Lantern Swinger
I first met Mrs RS at the Tower Ballroom in New Brighton whilst I was on leave in 1962. I remember that Little Richard was topping the bill that Saturday night followed by Rory Storm & the Hurricanes. I could hardly believe my luck trapping such a smooth looking bird thus making a perfect end to a great night. Made arrangements to take her out the following Wednesday but I nearly blew it in the interim period. She worked in an office in Liverpool and whilst she was leaving work on the Tuesday evening to catch the train home she had occasion to cross Tarleton Street on her way to the station.

Tarleton Street was home of to one of the numerous Yates Wine Lodges in the city where I had spent the entire afternoon with my oppo getting completely shit faced on 'Batman Specials' - large Cape whites. She arrived just in time to see yours truly, in uniform, lying in the middle of the road with my hands on the zebra crossing shouting to the stream of pedestrians “Get off my f****** piano!†Needless to say she was not very impressed and went on her way totally ignoring me and the legless state I was in. I wasn’t even aware she had witnessed the drunken performance, until her girl friend at work informed me two days later when I rang her office. Suffice to say she hadn’t turned up for our rendezvous on the Wednesday evening either.

With desperation setting in, I now resorted to cracking my snivelling valve wide open and doing some serious damage control with smooth talking sessions on the phone and the sending of flowers etc. Glad to report it all worked out and all these years on we are still happily together and I still love her to bits; she is definitely the best thing that ever happened to this old submariner that’s for sure.

Red Sailor

exile1

Lantern Swinger
Current Strife........Saw her sitting at a bar doing the Daily Telegraph Cryptic crossword many years ago. Leaned across and said "1 across is Communion" She was stunned that anyone frequenting the place [apart from her - ex-jenny scablifter] had the intelligence to do a cryptic! Good chat up line tho' as we married and travelled the world courtesy of HM.

Waspie

War Hero
GashHand01 said:

For anyone who knows the place, and there's a few i suspect, yep i was wasted.GH

Lady Street - No No No No No No No No - Yes!!!!!!

Wobble out of Lady Street straight into water gully. Loverly place!!! :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion7:

tommo

War Hero
Waspie said:
GashHand01 said:

For anyone who knows the place, and there's a few i suspect, yep i was wasted.GH

Wobble out of Lady Street straight into water gully. Loverly place!!! :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion7:

[email protected] Lady Street.

It later became Trawleneys then changed to Big T's I've not been out in Helston for a couple of years despite living a few miles away so not sure what it's currently called

Waspie

War Hero
tommo said:
Waspie said:
GashHand01 said:

[email protected] Lady Street.

It later became Trawleneys then changed to Big T's I've not been out in Helston for a couple of years despite living a few miles away so not sure what it's currently called

My lad used to work behind the bar. He has some crackin tales!!!

Migrated from the Beehive! :pukel:

yorkie-s

Badgeman
sitting on the heads reading my paper(plastic mine hunter)when me phone rings.feel through all the pockets of my ovies and find phone.its only me old oppo linda from australia.what ya doing she says
you don't want to know says i
hows the love life she asks
between girl friends all the recent ones have looked like me with more facial hair i quip.
give my sister a ring in halifax
i did
we have been married for 2 years

tommo

War Hero
GashHand01 said:
Sorry Tommo, Big T's was slightly up the street. And was nowt compared to the Straza!

GH

Aye it is but there's no longer Lady Street club any more (as far as I'm aware)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
Sharkey Where did you get that hat Diamond Lil's 0
BillyNoMates Where did you get your car from again? Diamond Lil's 9
seafruit where did the eye of the tiger go? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
josiecats where did?? The Gash Barge 4
I Re: So where did you all end up? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 4
S So where did you all end up? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 90
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44