Where did you meet your wfe

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by stan_the_man, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Met my wife in Dubai 1988 she was an expat I was on NP1600 RFA Dilligence alongside in Dubai for almost 6 months moved in to her apartment lived the expat life then she came back to the UK having given up everthing for jolly jack. She has put up with so much sh*t over the years but after 2 Gulf Wars stronger than ever.
  2. We were both Sea Cadets on HMS Belfast, she was 13 and I was 15. We didn't go out together straight away, but it was love at first sight for me anyway :)

We now have three kids and have been married for 15 years.
  3. Bless! :thumright: When I was in the RNXS circa 1991-93 we used to meet in the Sea Cadets training area on HMS Belfast* - I gave my first ever lecture there... and then retire upstairs for a drink or three. :pissed: Lammers, tell me: why weren't the gash bins highly polished? :bball:

*Of course I wouldn't be able to squeeze through the hatch nowerdays! :biggrin:
  4. He was my instructor on BSSC. There is some nasty rumour I was running around Horsea Island in ovvies with no knickers.

This is not true at all, I am a lady and I did have knickers on.
  5. Singapore, Hilton Hotel, My Father's company annual Singapore dinner, dance. She was stunning, I was young, and unattached.

Her farther didn't know I was in the navy.

The shit hit the fan when he found out, but it was too late

6. 21 Club - Gibraltar, she thought I was in the army, but by the time she found out the truth it was too late- she was stuck with me. Now been married for over 28 years.
  7. How fab keep it going guys
  8. Both based at Cheltenham in 2002 she is also a CT linguist in the RAF but they call them something different. 6.5 years and 2 baby squirrels later and couldn't be happier.
  9. Just returned to Portland after leaving the Albion in 72.

Pissed as a fart in the Tudor Bars Weymouth. I spied my old flame.

Sauntered over as you do!!

Hello I'm back. Hi she says meet my husband!!! :thumbdown: Bummer.

Do you remember my sister she says. Married her sister 6 months later and still happy as larry together. (So I get told anyway!!!) :lol: :heart:
  10. Yates wine lodge on a Saterday night whilst on weekend leave. Been married 33 years now. 2 daughters and 3 grand kiddies. :w00t:
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

My understanding of that statement is that it was the ovvies that were AWOL then :dwarf:
  12. I was best man "she" was a bridesmaid - cracked over 36 years now amazing!
  13. In the Sister's Mess at RNH Haslar where I had the misfortune to live for 2 years! :w00t:
  14. Oh yeah, it was at the same wedding
  15. Whaley Club 1963. The club might be gone, but we are still going strong!

Semper Strenuissima
  16. Met Mrs. Dinger one tuesday night at the Whaley club in 1967.Went over from Dolphin with a mad mental stoker(Rawley, hope your still in the land of the livin)Trapped the misses and he trapped her oppo,both civvie birds who hated matelots.I explained to mrs.Dings that I wasn't keen on the bastards either and had only visited said Whaley club to see the group(Dave Dee,Dozy,Beaky,Mick and Titch)Anyway arranged to meet her on the following Thursday for dinner,we had a walk along the seafront,bag of crisps and a can of coke,then Isuggested the movies. What about dinner says Mrs.D. You just had it I says. Take me home she says,so I did,arranged to meet on the Sat following,we did(I was convinced she wouldn't be there and nearly didn't turn up meself fcuckit hindsight eh)anyway, I says would you to spend the rest of your life with a man like me,and she said she would.I didn't mean me,just a man LIKE me.Too fluckin late we were engaged that same day married 7 months later and it was only when we went to pompey registrars to post our bans and arrange the licence that she found out I was not only a matelot but a SUBMARINER to her the most feared and distasteful of skates.41 years later and 3 baby Dingers and seven grandbaby Dingers she seems to be getting used to havin an old matelot hangin around.

UP SPIRITS..............SPLICEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!! :wav:
  17. :whew:
  18. I too am also getting married in July 2009. Been with her 9 years and she has put up with stacks but never complains bless her.
  19. Congratulations! Hope July has good weather next year lol
  20. Met mine after leaving the mob. I never wanted to commit whilst serving.
    Unfortunately, after 20 odd lovely years together she passed away at the tender age of 43 leaving me with our daughter aged 11 then. Before she died she instructed me to meet someone else, but she must be like this, like that and like the other. She laid down very exacting requirements bless her.
    Well, after a while the very person she described came along. I don't really believe in too much but it was like she had sent her. Spooky as she likes the same things and even takes me to and from the pub just like my wife did.
    We are still together after 5 years and life is great.