Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where can I find an address to send a reference to?

ultramantis

Midshipman
I need a reference from my employer for something that isn't work related, and I have been looking around to see if I can find anything however I have been unable to do so. Does anyone know who I will need to contact to find this information

EDIT: Thread title is a bit misleading, I am employed by the RFA but I need an address that an outside agency can contact them and get a reference from

shorty1988m

Midshipman
I know that when you leave there’s a part on the form that says if you require a reference then you need to fill out a form to get one.
But, don’t be shocked if all you get is a reference that says ‘Mr Smith worked at the royal fleet auxiliary from this date to this date and their performance was satisfactory’ or something equally vague. They do bog standard references that confirmed you worked there and didn’t totally **** up. I don’t think they do character references. If you want a character reference try your on board line manager or someone who likes you

you definitely won’t get a number for someone to contact though.

just call your appointment and ask

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
A When do I find out where I will be based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
T Golden Rivet.... where can I find? Nearest & Dearest 15
S Where to find boots! Current Affairs 19
W Where to find AIB dates? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P How do I find out where a ship was on a given day? History 6
Griff9781 Where can I find my old shipmates? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 12
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44
LujonSA Where is: some random inconsequential poster... The Gash Barge 28