Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Where are you living/from?

What country are you from or residing in?

• Total voters
Born in Derbyshire, grew up in Anglesey, Torpoint for a year, Rosyth for 4 years, Guz 3 years, Wallsend 9 months, Pompey 2 years, now live near Chatham and work in London

^ Right. I was on LA in Whitley Bay for 3 months while the Illustrious was building. Never forget that first bus ride into 'toon' -Swan Hunters in Wallsend.

Couldn't understand a bleedin' word the locals said. Asked the bus driver to tell me when to get off and he said 'Wai ai, man!' Didn't have a clue what than meant. Asked some of the passengers the same question and they gave the same answer! God knows how I found the dock yard

^ Right. I was on LA in Whitley Bay for 3 months while the Illustrious was building. Never forget that first bus ride into 'toon' -Swan Hunters in Wallsend.

Couldn't understand a bleedin' word the locals said. Asked the bus driver to tell me when to get off and he said 'Wai ai, man!' Didn't have a clue what than meant. Asked some of the passengers the same question and they gave the same answer! God knows how I found the dock yard

My mother was born and raised in Sunderland so I am multilingual in Geordie, pommy and oz languages.

Couple of ex-booties in NZ, Wet Blobby and NZ bootneck if you want a pint and dit, PM is good.

They're on South Island, right at the bottom. Drive to Otago and ask anyone "Where are those two ex Booties that live on their own with no neighbours or anything near them?". You'll get pointed in the right direction rather quickly.

Last edited:
Well this seems as good a place as any to post a first message, please be gentle :)

I started out on in the south east, and have gradually moved across the UK so now based in the south/middle (sadly about as far from the sea as it's possible to be)

Well this seems as good a place as any to post a first message, please be gentle :)

I started out on in the south east, and have gradually moved across the UK so now based in the south/middle (sadly about as far from the sea as it's possible to be)

Welcome aboard as the matelots would say. It's a good site this, just don't listen to what anyone says about me, as it's probably lies. Except the bits about rope, cellars and candle wax.

Latest Threads