Where Are They Now? UK TV company needs your help!!!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by The_Tubers, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

My name is Victor and I work for a UK television production company called October Films.

October Films in partnership with Channel 4 are producing a television series which will celebrate the best internet clips around.

One of the clips that we are very interested in including features the British Royal Navy. A boat full of troops land on a beach and to their surprise are sucked in by a shore full of quicksand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZurPX0olqE

This has been one of the most popular clips online since it first emerged some 18 months or so ago. We are desperate to speak to some of the people that were a part of this video.

We have spoken to the Royal Navy press office who confirmed that it was in fact British troops as many links online say French, US and other countries Marines. They have said that video was not put together by the Royal Navy but the troops involed and although they have tried to track them down, thier efforts have been unsuccessful. They agreed that it is a hilarious piece of footage.

We would like to hear from anyone that was involved in the making of this video or knows of anyone that was involved in its creation, particularly the owner, to take part in this television project.

If you have any information, please contact me via 020 7284 6868 or [email protected]

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

2. That'll be the video of Royal Engineers, wrong board :D

HTH, HAND and all that. Might be a bit more credible if you did some research first...
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I have seen this clip many times, and to the best of my knowledge it is British Army personnel, probably Engineers, in Al Faw peninsula... have you posted on ARRSE too?
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Damn! You beat me, Karma... :wink:
  5. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

You sure it was RE, because the Anglians were spoofing about in that locn at that time?
  6. Like the British armed forces need any more negative publicity.

F*ck off and get a proper job.
  7. "You sure it was RE, because the Anglians were spoofing about in that locn at that time?"

It was definately RE.... RLC Maritime had a great laugh at the time and Bootnecks would've got naked!
  8. :thumright:
    Now that does appeal to my sense of humour :thanks:
  9. Look he posted his phone number, not a bright spark is he. I fear abuse may be incomming.
  10. "Yeh, i'll own up to wasting troops time, public money and making the BAF look like pork"!

Get a grip!

What about doing something useful for a change and running a documentary about how the armed forces continue to do the jobs expected of em despite having the arse ripped out of em by the government for years.

What about a story about the crap food they have to eat. MOD pay less for scran per person than the prison service!

What about doing something on people being paid more to work in McDonalds than our lads and lasses do risking their arse every day.

Run that f*cker!!!!
  11. ... and he has included his email address. Also not clever as people tend to get signed up for all sorts when they do that. :roll:

I agree about not supporting his quest though as we don't need anymore negative publicity.