Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the Walts?

Think your all missing the point-- its an inbred thing with most matelots

They will wear anything other than uniform ----the usual comical rigs R us.


So to give them a DPM combat suit -with or without boots /gun/helmet/
webbing /flak jacket they will wear it

In my historic moments in trouble zones we made sure we wore Navy rig
no one bothers with matelots-- every zealot/religious fanatic wants to kill
either Army of RAF . Even in N Ireland --no problem.
 
oddbits said:
PartTimer said:
Apparently, on Middie was mistaken for a bus conductor by a member of the public. You'd have thought that 1500 naval personnel in the middle of London in full rig would have attracted some media interest but, bar a couple of comments on the radio, nothing at all.

Yup - gen dit - it was me :-( Some bloody grockle on the embankment stopped me and asked when the next bus to whocares was due.

Similar things have happened to me after Lord Mayor's Shows - though watching their faces as they realise that the 'bus conductor' has a sword is worth it :)

such is life...

Oddbits.

Many moons ago I had an office on the platform of Kyle station, and my chief used to get very pissed off by the public contiually asking him when the next train to Inverness was.

This sort of thing has been going on for years. The problem seems to be that train and bus uniforms are a similar colour to the RN and this out of context the RN becomes bus conductors or station porters.

Peter
 

Skunkmiester

Lantern Swinger
Got a mate who's Uncle had told all his mates and GF that he was an Ex Marine. Whilst on this guys stag doo on th bus to Yarmouth, one of his mates mentioned how the groom gets a bit stressed now and then and if it was atributable to his tours of Ireland.

My mate then hears the whole story to which he says Boll0x, that the groom has never been in the cub scouts yet alone the Royal Marines. The whole buss is in shock as the sad little twat has to stand up at the front and admit to everyone that he is a lying pri*k and also has to go home after the stag doo and admit to his Fiance that he had strung her along for 2 years......She binned him on the spot.

Sweet justice.
 

harryaitch

Lantern Swinger
Maxi_77 said:
oddbits said:
PartTimer said:
Apparently, on Middie was mistaken for a bus conductor by a member of the public. You'd have thought that 1500 naval personnel in the middle of London in full rig would have attracted some media interest but, bar a couple of comments on the radio, nothing at all.

Yup - gen dit - it was me :-( Some bloody grockle on the embankment stopped me and asked when the next bus to whocares was due.

Similar things have happened to me after Lord Mayor's Shows - though watching their faces as they realise that the 'bus conductor' has a sword is worth it :)

such is life...

Oddbits.

Many moons ago I had an office on the platform of Kyle station, and my chief used to get very pissed off by the public contiually asking him when the next train to Inverness was.

This sort of thing has been going on for years. The problem seems to be that train and bus uniforms are a similar colour to the RN and this out of context the RN becomes bus conductors or station porters.

Peter
As a uniformed employee of london underground navy blue and white shirts are the order of the day.I've yet to be asked what time the next ship sails,there again,sometimes the trains only run once a day so it might as well be a ship :lol:
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Greenie said:
Think your all missing the point-- its an inbred thing with most matelots

They will wear anything other than uniform ----the usual comical rigs R us.

Especially womens clothes, how many remember the unsightly spectacle of the knuckle dragging forendies fighting over the contents of the rag bags so that they would have a new outfit to wear on the next trip. :roll:
 
janner said:
Greenie said:
Think your all missing the point-- its an inbred thing with most matelots

They will wear anything other than uniform ----the usual comical rigs R us.

Especially womens clothes, how many remember the unsightly spectacle of the knuckle dragging forendies fighting over the contents of the rag bags so that they would have a new outfit to wear on the next trip. :roll:

Never quite as bad though as what went on in the stoker mess back aft.

Peter
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning and Order against school where children were exposed to terrorist propaganda MoD News 0
huwshpis Where's Sumo? The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS Application of building regulations where additional storeys are provided to existing buildings: circular 03/2020 MoD News 0
D Where is HMS Enterprise? Current Affairs 17
J What happens after HMS sultan and where are you based Joining the Royal Navy 22
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
J Where will I be based? (FAA) The Fleet Air Arm 7
Q Where do I stand - Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
Bad CO HMS Arrow - Anyone Know Where the Ship's Bell Is? History 17
T Posh CPO epaulettes- Where can I ware them? The Quarterdeck 30
A Medical fail - where do I go from here? Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Where in the UK are RFA ships based? RFA 2
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
W Where does Phase 2 training take place for Catering service? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Where the Royal Navy is operating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
Keithdwat579 Where can I find the 1973 TV Show 'Warship'? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
L Looking for info on where ships went to??? Bases / Shore Est 52
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Service personnel want greater choice on where they get to live MoD News 0
D Where will I be based Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S where can I find World War Two D.S.M. citations? HMS Torbay Submariners 10
Stirlin I am a Precariat , where do you fit in ?. Diamond Lil's 25
G Where to find out blood type? RFA 17
W Where to send my papers, if at all? RFA 1
S Where does the RN stand with 'stress' Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
drewfester Where can I hide?? Diamond Lil's 16
BillyNoMates Where the tough blokes live. Diamond Lil's 18
R Where people are joining from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
Sputnick Where i am at the moment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
jesse Where be it to then? Diamond Lil's 4
dapperdunn Where's Wally? Current Affairs 5
Tomahawk Where might Trident go? Current Affairs 34
finknottle Where is he? Diamond Lil's 8
alexissonice Where is it likely that I will based? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
SONAR-BENDER Where's my sock......... Diamond Lil's 6
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44
LujonSA Where is: some random inconsequential poster... The Gash Barge 28
Pontius Where's RR? Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Where FAA planes go to die HMS Sanderling The Fleet Air Arm 13
BONNACON Ships boats where are they now? History 11
S OFFICERS AND GENTLEMEN - RN OFFICER TRAINING DOCUMENTARY.. (where can I watch it?) Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
T Where to stay at Torpoint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top