Where are/have you served at Sea recently?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by scousehillier, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am interested to hear who are/have been serving at sea recently.

What ships, what have you been doing, any runs ashore?
  2. Gosport ferry. You have no idea how salty I fet afterwards :dwarf:
  3. I did Dover - Calais in September and then Calais- Dover in October

Good breakfast (expensive) but good!
  4. i went on a banana boat ride, in July, in the Libyan sea. even did a MOBEX.
    LOL. :w00t:
  5. The Stanislav Yudin. Not bad, excellent food Russian crew!!!
  6. My 20' DC boat in the Gulf "o Mekiko
  7. Would that have counted to LSSB ;)
  8. I threw myself round the bath the other day. Does that class as sea time
  9. Are you still interested... :laughing8:

...or have you given up all hope secure in the knowledge that your question has the potential to raise issues of security with regard to ship/submarine movements? :censored:
  10. On a pedalo, last Wednesday off the coast of Salou :pukel:
  11. Now there's a thought - well said that man - Keep our secrets secret!

On the other hand, take a quick bimble down to Pompey on a weekend, count the hulls alongside, compare with Operational deployments information on the RN website, take away the number you first thought of, wet and hold the index finger of your right hand in the air and you will have a pretty good idea what our ship was doing and when it did it!
  12. Salcombe to South Sands in Sept :thumright: Bit too roughers for me :thumright:
  13. Got home last Wednesday after 12 days on the CHATHAM.

Joined her in Limassol and left her in Barcelona. Managed one day out in Cyprus and four in Barca.

The crew were the most hospitable set of guys and gals i've ever had the pleasure of meeting during my seven years in the RNR. Very helpful, friendly and welcoming. Every pub we saw them in they made a bee line for us and really made us feel like part of the team.

Before anyone gobs off about security please have a look at the CHATHAM website which announces their return date of 20th Oct, which must surely be more of a risk than telling where the ship is GOING to be than HAS been?
  14. T2 - fully concur. The balance between informing the public of what THEIR armed forces are doing and maintaining security is a very thin line and I think our grown ups have a reasonable idea what is and is not acceptable.

That said I noted a last minute change of programme a couple of years ago for one of our sleek grey war canoes that had to be diverted at the last minute (much to the chagrin of Embassy staff etc ref DipClear etc) when dates of putting into a Middle East port were widely promulgated several days in advance.

However, once gone the ship has gone ... no problems with letting folk know where you have BEEN!
  15. On the Manly Ferry through the Heads....nah mate not that type of head.....